Kindly post this job vacancy
POSITION TITLE: Senior Grants Manager
BERSAMA – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party or designee
In close coordination with the Field Oversight Advisor and technical specialists, the Grants Manager will be responsible for administering the project’s grants component in support of the project’s aim to reduce gender based violence (GBV) in Eastern Indonesia. S/he will work with the team and sub-grantees to produce a high-quality, results-oriented project. The program’s aim is to improve local capacity to serve victims of GBV, raise awareness of the problem, and promote behavior change in local communities. Position will be based in Jayapura, Papua, with project-funded travel in the Eastern Region and to Jakarta. Position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
· Establish procedures and lead procurement related to small local grants component including assessment, award, and approval of grants; bidding process according to USAID and Winrock international procedures. Oversee the conceptualization, development, and delivery of in-kind and cash grants packages to subgrantees.
· Work with the Field Oversight Advisor and field staff to ensure proper bidding process and documentation for all grant-related local purchases.
· Coordinate with the Chief of Party and Winrock Home Office Project Management on the following tasks related to grant management:
· Develop requests for proposals to solicit grant proposals;
· Provide advisory support to grants recipients with finalization of project descriptions, action plans and budgets before signing grants agreements;
· Draft grant agreements with grants recipients;
· Establish effective communication and cooperation with grants recipients on project implementation, reporting, information sharing and further work planning;
· Ensure financial management compliance among grantees
· Grant monitoring and evaluation, and grant close-outs.
· Coordinate with other members of the field team, particularly Field Officers, to ensure timely delivery of appropriate grants items, including technical assistance, and in-kind materials related to community mobilization needs.
· Train grantees on how to manage grants and small projects;
· Develop and maintain grants training manuals and materials;
· Ensure preparation of information on the status and results of projects implementation for dissemination in mass media;
· Identify and share best practices of implementation and management of grants at local and national levels;
· Prepare monthly reports on the status and results of grant project implementation;
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Degree in economics, accounting, business administration, public administration, or a related field.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 4 years of proven experience in the field of coordination (monitoring) of programs, projects and/or grant management components in public, non-governmental or international organization
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in soliciting for grantees, awarding grants and managing and mentoring grantees for results
- At least 2 years of experience of working in or with government structure, civil society organizations or international organization in humanitarian, social or economic field;
- Having experience in Papua Area and willing to commit and stay in location
- Experienced in USAID regulations and procedure
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 21 January 2017. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.