The Preparedness and Response (P&R) Project, a component of the USAID Emerging Pandemic Threats 2 (EPT2) program and implemented by DAI, supports the strengthening of National One Health Platforms (NOHPs) in 17 different countries across three geographic regions. NOHPs are defined as the mechanisms for multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral collaboration at the convergence of human, animal, and environmental/wildlifehealth. NOHPs provide the basis for ensuring that core capacities are in place for preparedness, and for promptly detecting, reporting, and responding to emerging pandemic threats. At a minimum, a NOHP is composed of public health, animal health, and environment/wildlife ministry representatives. As appropriate, the NOHP or the coordinating agencies and mechanisms also include additional ministries (e.g. trade, tourism, education, or finance), parastatal organizations (e.g. national laboratories, research institutes, etc.), representatives of universities, the private sector, and non-governmental organizations. Multilateral and bilateral stakeholders and partners, such as WHO, FAO, OIE, CDC, may also participate. The P&R project also supports the role of the NOHPs in National Preparedness and Response Planning.
In Southeast Asia, P&R works in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Thailand, Lao PDR and Vietnam. In Indonesia, the project is moving forward its activity implementation and requires additional programmatic/operational support.
The Project Officer will have a combination of administrative and coordination responsibilities, to support the implementation of activities under the P&R country work plan. S/He will report directly to the National One Health Technical Advisor (NOHTA) in Indonesia and functionally to the Regional Operations and Communications Manager based in Bangkok.
In collaboration with the NOHTA and Senior Technical Consultant, the Project Officer will have the following illustrative tasks/responsibilities:
· Provide administrative and logistical support in the organization of meetings, trainings, workshops, seminars, consultations, etc.
· Assist NOHTA and Senior Technical Consultant in communication with relevant government offices, EPT-2 partners, USAID Mission and other US agencies.
· Ensure office equipment and supplies are properly maintained and available for the smooth and efficient delivery of P&R activities.
· Assist in preparing annual work plan and Scope of Work (SOW) and budget of activities for implementation.
· Maintain and monitor the P&R budget in Indonesia with the support from P&R regional office at Bangkok, Thailand.
· Handle procurement needs for services and goods for consideration by NOHTA and approval by regional office.
· Support P&R staff at country, regional and head office for travel arrangements, including travel visas, as related to P&R activities in Indonesia and the region.
· Update and maintain administrative, financial and other project and office records.
· Follow all applicable USAID and DAI rules and regulations.
· Completion of an accredited Bachelor degree in any discipline, with preference on social sciences.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience in project management and office administration
· Good collaborative and coordination skills
· Excellent skills in the use and application of MS office
· Fluency in speaking and writing English and Indonesian
· Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and experience in fast-paced, multicultural work environment
· Indonesian national
· Familiarity with DAI and/or USAID rules and regulations preferred
Expected Start Date: As early as possible
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter, including three (3) references, to PRPrecruitment@DAI.com, with ‘Preparedness and Response PO/Indonesia' in the subject line before January 31, 2017. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.