The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene 'Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua' (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. Implemented by DAI Global LLC, IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following "high level" results:
- An increase of one million people in urban areas with access to improved water supply of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to an improved sanitation facility and all of whom are from the poorest 40% of the population.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, IUWASH PLUS undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) Improving household WASH services; 2) Strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) Strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) Advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber incumbent to fill the position of
PRODUCT MARKETING SPECIALIST (JOB CODE : PMS-JKT) based in Jakarta
The Specialist will work under the direction of the National Coordinator Microfinance and BC/Marketing Advisor for the product and marketing development under project’s Component 1, assists in the strategic development and execution of product & marketing plan which relate to the product development based on market-based approach for WASH products, manages the reporting and dissemination of key all product management and marketing metrics from national to regional and responsible for:
- Increasing household demand for WASH product and services;
- Facilitating a robust market for household WASH products and services to the poorest and most vulnerable; and
- Expanding poor-inclusive approaches to increase WASH service provision.
The Product Marketing Specialist will assist overall Product and Marketing development plans specifically for WASH products. The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and execute product development and plan for market-based approach among IUWASH Plus target beneficiaries which in close coordination with other specialist under Component 3 (Strengthening the WASH financing environment).
- Develop WASH product positioning and messaging that differentiates IUWASH Plus WASH product among target market based on customer needs and identify high growth market segments and ways to address them.
- Develop and communicate unique value proposition of WASH products to BC/Marketing
- Develop and manage strategy to drive demand for WASH products which include product focused communication, marketing enablement materials
- Provide support to regional and national programs
- In conjunction with the IUWASH PLUS M&E team, develop monitoring tool to regularly reviews and retains marketing data to assess IUWASH Plus interventions achievement as required by the IUWASH PLUS Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
· WASH product development
· WASH product marketing Strategy
· WASH product marketing Training
· Input related to the above for IUWASH biweekly, quarterly, annual and other reports as well as work plans.
· Accurate data in accordance with the IUWASH PLUS Activity Monitoring Plan (AMP)
· Technical reports, articles and other publications related to the above.
Posting & Reporting Relationships
The Product Marketing Specialist will be based in the IUWASH PLUS National Office in Jakarta, with periodic visits to all IUWASH working locations. S/He can be requested by DAI and/or USAID, to travel outside Indonesia for official duties.
· At least 5 years of product marketing experience with at least 3 years in senior level and 1 years’ experience in a customer facing/interaction experience
· Advanced degree in business or marketing
· Strong analytical, written and communication skills
· Have extended experiences in consumer and marketing product development in private sector.
· Must have basic knowledge on WASH sector and productive poor community and its buying behavior
· Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas
· Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training and organizing work
· Experience in report writing, preferable in English
Expected Start Date: Available immediately