INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
Starling Resources is the sustainability consulting and advisory
practice within Moores Rowland. We are an Indonesia-based group of
practically minded business, community planning, conservation, and
finance specialists. Our team is committed to the design of effective
solutions that positively address economic, social and environmental
concerns with regard to the management of natural resources in the Asia
Pacific and across the globe. Our work focuses on the policies,
capacities, institutions, financing, strategies, and economics that
underpin effective and efficient resource management. Our clients
include international donors, multi-lateral agencies, NGO’s, and private
companies. Starling Resources offers an egalitarian and collegiate work
environment while providing opportunities for staff to attain
internationally relevant experience.
Overall Description of Position: Starling Resources is seeking an
Analyst to support project management staff on a broad array of project
implementation and management activities including logistics,
communications, research, writing, formatting, planning, and
administration related to Starling Resources’ project portfolio and
office management. This position will also support Starling staff in the
researching and development of policy and regulations related to
institutional development and sustainable natural resource management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Policy and Regulatory Analyst’s duties are expected to include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Support the administration of projects and project activities
including logistics, communications, and documentation, and tracking as
needed to support meetings, workshops, interviews, trainings and overall
project management and activities
• Research, analysis and formulation in both Bahasa Indonesian and
English, of analysis and recommendations regarding policies,
regulations, and planning relevant to sustainable resource management.
Focal areas are likely to include the institutional development,
procedures, policies and financing; public sector strategy, planning,
and financing and other issues pertaining to resource management and
• Formatting, editing and contributing to analysis, reports,
presentations, literature reviews, issue briefs, business plans, and
notes for internal and external use
• General project data and information collection and analysis
• Coordinating staff members’ and partners’ activities and communications
• Supporting the development of weekly news and media summaries for circulation
• Supporting the development of policy summaries to support organizational awareness and leaning
• Translation of documents between Bahasa Indonesian and English as needed.
• Support Starling Resources staff on a variety of activities
including: financial analysis, business planning and strategy; design
and implementation of capacity development programs; community
engagement and assessments; other activities as needed
• Representation of Starling Resources at meetings with project partners and other relevant stakeholders
The Policy Analyst will work closely with other Starling Staff, in
particular Starling Resouces’ Lead Policy Associate, and will report
directly to Starling Resources’ Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and
experience in order to be considered for the Policy Analyst position:
• Indonesian nationality
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus relating to law, policy or economics
• Strong interest in environment, social issues, sustainability and policy
• Two years of related professional experience or an advanced degree in a related field
• Familiarity or experience (preferred) with local governance
processes, planning, regulations, budgeting and administration
• Flexibility and willingness to support the team as needed
• Strong research, writing, and analytical skills; quantitative skills a plus
• Competency with Microsoft Office suite, strong excel skills a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient (both speaking and writing) in both English and Bahasa Indonesia
• Understanding of local government planning and administration processes
• Strong team player
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision if needed
• Ability to maintain a flexible work and travel schedule to meet the demands of project implementation schedules
LOCATION: This position is based in Bali, with regular travel throughout Indonesia and SE Asia, as required.
TERM: Minimum 12-month contract (renewable upon performance and mutual agreement).
SALARY: Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on qualifications.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Santi Wongso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.