Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Knowledge and Learning Manager
Duty Station : JakartaReport to : Coordinator Strategy, Knowledge, Innovation and Learning (in the Global Office) and Regional Director Hivos Southeast Asia Hub
Duration : One year
The Knowledge and Learning Manager (KLM) reports to the Coordinator Strategy, Knowledge, Innovation and Learning. As this position is placed at the regional office in Southeast Asia, the KLM also reports to the Regional Hub Director where embedding in the regional team and HR issues are concerned.
The Knowledge and Learning Manager is the linking pin for the creation, exchange and disclosure of the knowledge and learnings that Hivos produces from its practices in the thematic areas, through its partnerships with knowledge centres and through its application of lessons in the external environment. The KLM coordinates the learning agenda and translates lessons into tangible quality improvement of Hivos practice and strategy. This includes supporting the applicability of evidence-based solutions in programmes and projects.
The Knowledge and Learning Manager (KLM) specifically works with the DME&L staff to provide a framework for learning, validate lessons learned and support colleagues in developing and applying learning methodologies and instruments. The DMEL Officers are responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and learning dimension of one or more projects and programmes and operate in accordance with Hivos’ strategy, policies and donor requirements.
The KLM also works closely with programme and project staff, SCI staff and Programme Development Managers to harvest knowledge and lessons learned, make productive connections with knowledge partners, support the design of knowledge management and learning strategies and support application of lessons in practice. He also interacts closely with the Innovation Specialist, to learn from our innovation processes, and with the Communications Specialist to ensure communication of knowledge products and lessons learned to an outside audience.
Roles and responsibilities
- To lead and develop strategy of data collection and lesson learned and review it regularly.
- To ensure that there is a platform for knowledge sharing and support its usage among staff (this does not include technical maintenance of the platform).
- To integrate the lesson learned into best practices or advises for improvement .
- To select the key partners for knowledge development and learning process and maintain good relationship with stakeholders and partners.
- To ensure the dissemination of Hivos knowledge and lessons learned in the professional environment and to gain feedback from external resources for the improvement.
- To provide advise, support, train and to facilitate learning processes with stakeholders as needed.
- To develop and review regularly the learning schedule and make adjustment if needed.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Relevant academic level of working and thinking.
- Relevant work experience: approx. 5 years.
- Experience workinf in project management.
- Experte in knowledge management .
- Expert in knowledge management, and learning processes preferably in Green or Open.
- Work experience in an international environment.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Knowledge and Learning Manager graded in Grade: 11 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 15th February 2017.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘KLM’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/