Finance Adviser, Indonesian Science Fund (DIPI)
Palladium/Indonesia is seeking a Finance Advisor to support the Indonesian Science Fund, based in Jakarta. The initial assignment for this position is a one-year contract (with the possibility of an extension). The position will be hired under the BANTU project (Health Technical Assistance project funded by USAID).
The Indonesian Science Fund, Dana Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia (DIPI) has been established under the Indonesian Academy of Sciences (Akademi Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia, or AIPI), as an independent mechanism to directly fund scientists and engineers to produce world –class research. As such, DIPI will establish a transparent system to fund multi-year grants to advance science, which are awarded based on merit and rigorous peer review.
The DIPI Financial Adviser will support DIPI to develop, establish, and ensure accurate financial, accounting, administrative, and personnel systems and procedures to support DIPI operations. Only applications from Indonesian citizens will be considered.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee planning and budgeting, internal controls, and financial reporting systems; implement policies, procedures and systems that reflect current best financial practices; and set the tone for integrity in financial management.
· Plan, direct, and control the organization’s overall financial plans and policies, accounting practices, and relationships with lending institutions and the financial community.
· Oversee the full accounting and budgeting cycles, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations and policies and the maintenance of appropriate internal controls.
· Provide strategic consultation and representation to leadership on financial issues including financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue and expense analysis.
· Establish and maintain financial records systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, government cost principles, and regulations.
· Develop, implement, interpret, and coordinate the application of Financial Accountability Guidelines, finance, accounting, billing, and audit procedures.
· Assist in the development of a financial information system which is integrated with the grant management system.
· Oversee the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports; presents recommendations for programmatic and fiscal changes to management and leadership.
· Serve as respected and trusted adviser to the Operations Manager and Executive Director
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master’s degree required in Accounting, Business or related subject, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skills.
· In-depth knowledge and experience with financial accounting software such as Sango or/and Quick Books
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial operations.
· Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
· Excellent presentation and communications skills (oral and written).
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and salary history
OPEN PERIOD: January 30 – February 12, 2017
POSITION INFORMATION: The initial contract will be for one-year (with a possibility of an extension). Only Indonesian citizens may apply.
HOW TO APPLY: To respond to this position, please send your resume (no longer than 6 pages) and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more information on our company, please review our website: www.thepalladiumgroup.com
Palladium provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.