(Location: Surabaya, Short Term: up to 45 days)
Project Overview and Role
Promoting Rural Income through Support for Markets in Agriculture (PRISMA) is an ambitious rural development program funded by the Australian Government which aims to contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 300,000 poor rural female and male farmers by December 2018. PRISMA focuses on eastern Indonesia (EJ, NTB, NTT, Papua and West Papua), and is the one of the largest Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) program in the world. It is part of the larger Australian-funded rural development umbrella program (AIP-Rural) that includes irrigation (TIRTA), applied science (ARISA), and financing (SAFIRA).
The objective of this consultancy is to identify market linkages and corresponding market actors in the mung bean market, starting from the supply side to the demand side. The result of the study is expected to be able to provide insights and valuable market information for agri-input companies, crop traders, and mung bean-based food processing companies to assess the basis of their segmentation in the market.
Applications close on 19th February 2017. Please apply via this link.
The post is open for Indonesian national only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In close collaboration with Mung Bean Task Leader, Market Research Consultant is expected to assist the mung bean team in conducting a market study to map the value chain of mung bean commodity across three provinces (East Java, NTB, and NTB). The areas of work are as outlined below:
1. Conduct a market study covering the market linkages in mung bean sector
· Provide information on the distribution links between all market actors involved in the value chain.
· Provide information on the distribution intensity, capacity, and pricing from each market actor.
2. Conduct a market study analyzing the opportunities of mung bean market
· Assess the market size of mung bean commodity, along with the potential growth rate of the market.
· Evaluate the market profitability, such as the buyer power, supplier power, barriers to entry, threat of substitute products, and rivalry among firms in the industry.
3. Assess the market trend of mung bean commodity
· Identify the most demanded variety, and quality specifications of mung bean product in the market
· Identify industry-dependent changes in the market, as well as changes in the level of external services and support.
Essential skills and experience:
· Minimum a bachelor degree in related discipline (Master’s Degree is an advantage)
· At least 10 years of experience in market research-related industry;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
· Relevant experience in conducting market research, an experience in agricultural market research is an advantage;
· Reporting skills and skills in the liaising with multi stakeholders;