Higher Education/Workforce Development Specialist, Evaluation of USAID/Indonesia’s Program to Extend Scholarships to Achieve Sustainable Impacts (PRESTASI) 2 and 3 Projects, Indonesia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) is designed to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission Performance Monitoring, Evaluation and Project Planning and Design systems through a combination of targeted direct M&E implementation, expert technical assistance, formal training, and knowledge sharing and M&E collaboration support. Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct evaluation of PRESTASI 2 and PRESTASI 3 Projects. The evaluation is expected to begin in February 2017. It will last about 3 months.
Please note: Only Indonesia citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking Higher Education/Workforce Development Specialist to serve as the Final Evaluation Team members and work under the leadership of the Team Leader and MSI for the upcoming PRESTASI 2 and PRESTASI 3 Projects evaluation to support data collection and report writing for one of evaluation/study questions about current PhD supply and demand across targeted sectors in Indonesia, per specific USAID funding earmarks. The purpose of the evaluation is to gather lessons learned to inform and optimize USAID’s design and implementation of the anticipated PRESTASI 4 Program. Findings from this evaluation will also help inform mid-course improvements for PRESTASI 3.
- Participate in the initial Team Briefing in Jakarta.
- Review the project documentation and other sources of information.
- Initiate contact with data resources both for primary and secondary data sources of the evaluation/study question from key stakeholders both individula and institutions
- Plan for data collection schedule from key stakeholders both individula and institutions
- Conduct and manage data collection both for primary and secondary data sources
- Design analysis plan for collected data
- Contribute to the preparation of a draft review report (in English)
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI.
- Minimum A Master’s degree in related field or equal to a relevant Bachelor Degree with minimum 5 years relevant work experiences
- At least 3 years’ professional experience working in higher education with workforce development
- Working knowledge of evaluation methodologies, systematic review and/or performance evaluation techniques, and applied theory in a development field, including education-related areas.
- Familiarity with issues and current development of workforce and higher education sector
- Familiarity and experience with qualitative data analysis methods and applications
- Ability to take initiative and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow organization’s regulations.
· Summary of documet reviews as applicable
· Data collection schedule both primary and secondary data
· Data colection results /data entry result for primary data and data collection results from secondary data sources
· Data analysis plan
· Writing outline and report writing result contribute to evaluation report
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.