If you care about the environment and want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the largest national conservation organization in Indonesia. WWF-Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. WWF-IDN is currently seeking for the best candidate for the position of Sustainable Finance Officer, Jakarta (Temporary)
This position will be based in Jakarta and report to Responsible Investment Senior Officer. The job holder will be responsible to assist the Responsible Investment Senior Officer and team in managing sustainable finance work in Indonesia, including carrying out pilot project on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) integration for banks, supporting the development of needed materials of this project and follow-up activities such as workshops with banks, working and liaising with the banks to carrying out ESG integration practices in their lending and advisory activities.
WWF-Indonesia is looking for a unique person to support Market Transformation Initiative for Finance team in their efforts to engage with the finance sector in Jakarta on the topic of sustainable finance. Soft commodities will be the priority for this post, and an initial focus on the work is likely to be in the palm oil sector and timber, pulp and paper, and fisheries sector (engaging investors and banks on more sustainable lending and investment practices).
- Assist Responsible Investment Senior Officer in running sustainable banking pilot project and partnerships with the finance sector and other stakeholders in Indonesia so as to promote and leverage WWF’s commodity finance interests;
- Assist Responsible Investment Senior Officer in managing research on sustainable finance related topics, working with banks and investors on developing responsible lending and investing policies as well as developing proposals;
- Assist Responsible Investment Senior Officer in managing communication materials including website, articles and other necessary materials;
- Assist Responsible Investment Senior Officer in managing workshop, meeting and other necessary administration matters;
- Keep abreast of trends and developments relevant to sustainability and finance;
Requirements for This Position are
- Degree in finance or economics or environment management/ agriculture or forestry;
- Minimum 1 - 2 years working experience in the area of finance or sustainability; have an experience working in a bank as a relation manager/ risk officer/ credit officer for 1-2 years is preferred.
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject of Sustainable Finance Officer, Jakarta (Temporary)
Applications will be closed 7 days after the publication of this advertisement (March 1st). Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. For further information about this vacancy, please visit our website on www.wwf.or.id
Be a part of us, who is currently working in 28 regions in 17 provinces from Aceh to Papua, with more than 500 staffs and supported by more than 64,000 supporters in Indonesia. WWF Indonesia also works with governments, local communities, private sector, NGOs, civil society, and the public at large.