A full-time, short-term position for an expert in research and data analysis. Based on your extensive experience in M&E, you will design and conduct a baseline study of current recruitment practices and market conditions in Indonesia for first time migrant domestic workers. You need to be based in Indonesia and local travel will be required.
We are a social enterprise with a mission to design and deliver tools for people who want to improve the world. We work at the forefront of efforts to understand and respond to the challenges of migration, conflict and justice issues in the 21st Century. Geographically, we operate in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, South-East Asia and Oceania. Seefar’s personnel are spread around the world and a lot of teamwork occurs remotely.
The ideal candidate would have extensive experience in research design and implementation, data collection and analysis, using various methods such as desk studies, surveys, interviews or focus groups. Local experience and knowledge are required. You will also have strong skills and knowledge in M&E. Experience and knowledge on migration issues in Indonesia will be highly valued. You will be autonomous and independent, but excellent at communicating with a team, remote or in-country.
This role will see you working with several field-based teams on the issue of low-skilled migration, social inclusion and modern slavery.
Research, monitoring & evaluation at Seefar
The following is a list of questions for you to consider in relation to your suitability:
- Design and planning. Are you a natural at determining research or evaluation design and data collection methods? Are you able plan and organize resources necessary to accomplish your research or evaluation tasks? Have you had experience in carrying out research or evaluations from start to end?
- Data analysis. Do you have a knack for collecting, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and/or quantitative data? Are you good at discerning, examining, comparing and interpreting meaningful patterns from data and information?
- Interpretation and report writing. Can you put data and information into perspective to? Are you able to apply your analysis to identify and advise possible strategies or recommendations? Can you consolidate research findings clearly in reports that are concise, evidenced and well structured?
- Working with others. Are you able to conduct research in an objective manner? Can you work with a range of people with different backgrounds?
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritized over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- A high-growth phase means problem-solving as the Enterprise’s systems evolve quickly.
AN EXCELLENT CANDIDATE
A. Extensive experience in social research and/or M&E including:
- Developing research designs and/or M&E frameworks.
- Organizing and carrying out data collection.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
B. Excellent oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesian. Experience in writing up findings or conclusions from research or M&E work.
C. A relevant undergraduate university degree as a minimum.
D. Flexibility, cultural-sensitivity and ability to work on a sensitive topic with a wide range of people from local communities, to government officials, donors and in-country and remote teams.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
1. On or before 25 March 2017, send a CV and introductory email or cover letter to email@example.com.
2. Your email introduction or cover letter should include only the following:
- A paragraph describing your role in designing a successful social research or developing qualitative M&E methods to collect data and information on a social issue. What was your role? Why was the research or the M&E qualitative method successful? What channels did it use? What was innovative about it? How was success determined/evaluated?
- Detail on your level of fluency in the relevant languages listed above.
- Include mention of your university qualifications and any professional associations in your CV.
If you do not follow the instructions above, you will not be considered for short-listing. We will screen your application within one week. If short-listed, we will invite you to an interview.
Application deadline: 2 April 2017
Frederick E Gaghauna
cellphone : +6282218804063
cellphone : +6282218804063
skype : phredz