FRANKFURT ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY (FZS) was established in 1858 and is an internationally operating conservation organization based in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. The Society’s main focus lies in eastern Africa, where FZS long-serving president, Prof. Bernhard Grzimek, invested much time and effort. FZS is committed to preserving wildlands and biological diversity in the last remaining wilderness areas on the planet. Momentarily, FZS leads and supports about 24 conservation projects in 16 countries.
In Indonesia, FZS has been working directly and through local partners since 2001, and FZS is officially working through a local foundation named YAYASAN KONSERVASI EKOSISTEM HUTAN SUMATERA (Yayasan KEHUS) since it was founded in March 2014.
Yayasan KEHUS is currently looking for The Finance and Accounting Officer, to be stationed in Jambi, Sumatera Office.
Job Summary :
The Accounting and Finance Officer will report directly to the Chief (Senior) Accountant. S/he will support the Finance and Accounting Team in Jambi to ensure project accountability according to the Indonesian Financial Accounting Standards, Yayasan KEHUS regulations and donor’s requirements. S/he will closely co-operate with field bookkeepers and other staffs.
Main Responsibilities :
· Review field expenditure reports including all supporting documents. Ensure supporting documents are complete and in line with Yayasan KEHUS policy and regulations.
· Review and check the correctness of budget codes, donor codes, and accounting system codes, to make sure expenses to be booked in the correct classification and budget allocation.
· Input transactions to the system: prepare sheets to upload expenses into ABACUS accounting system.
· Produce the draft of monthly project reports from accounting system.
· Assist the Chief Accountant/ management on Audit purpose.
· Support FZS Indonesia Programme – Yayasan KEHUS Management in the implementation of good administrative and financial systems.
Other Responsibilities needed :
- Review operational budget reports given by field staffs.
- Check invoices and prepare payments, prepare payment vouchers and received vouchers.
- Prepare cash books, bank books, and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Calculate Employee Taxes, and other article of taxes needed.
- Create, maintain, and update administration and financial database, including employee files/data if needed.
- Maintain a proper filling system of all financial documents and securely kept in a lockable cabinet.
- Support procurement process, preparing Purchase Orders, Receipt of goods, including booking of staff travels, accommodation; workshop and training preparation/arrangement, whenever needed, internal & external meetings.
- Maintain and update asset and inventory registers.
- Other general administration and finance duties.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Administration.
· Minimum 3 years working experience in the same role.
· Good interpersonal and written, verbal and listening communication skills (Intermediate verbal and written skills in English).
· Knowledge of electronic/online banking and Microsoft Office with MS-Excel, at least to a medium level.
· Experience with accounting softwares.
· Knowledge of national laws related to taxes.
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
· Able to work effectively with non-financially trained professionals.
· Willingness to live and work in Jambi, Sumatra, Indonesia.
Behaviour Competencies :
- Maintain high ethical standards, both personally and professionally; shows integrity and fairness in dealings with others
- Co-operates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals; shares information; supports others.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae including contact information of 3 references, a covering letter that explain their interest in the position, to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 25 March 2017