ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PHILANTHROPY
The Associate Director of Philanthropy is responsible for managing a portfolio of qualified donors and building strong relationships. Her/his responsibility includes increasing funding from high net-worth individuals through effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. S/he understands and applies complex principles of developing donor strategies and builds strong relationships with a portfolio of new donors and prospects. The Associate Director of Philanthropy provides opportunities for donors to receive recognition and increase future giving. S/he involves and engages appropriate partners in the field and at the Worldwide Office, keeping them apprised of interactions, issues and/or concerns, and addresses questions as needed. S/he is capable of featuring the programs of the Conservancy in detailed terms and can confidently discuss legacy giving opportunities. The Associate Director of Philanthropy understands project budgets and may build proposal budgets utilizing this knowledge. S/he will develop a referral network as needed and may manage formal and/or informal networks of volunteers.
Specific duties include:
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and retain qualified prospects and donors.
• Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing multi‐year commitments from high net-worth
• Strategically engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer prospect
identification, visits, and closings.
• Routinely network with corporate executives, and interact with high‐net worth individuals for the
purpose of cultivating personal relationships and developing personal giving. Collaborate with
colleagues when corporate giving interests are expressed.
• Work collaboratively to analyze portfolios and strategize upgrades and to cultivate individual gifts
from corporate partner executives.
• Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to “crack the code” of what compels each
donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to
meet the needs of donors.
• Successfully align partner interests with TNC’s strategy and demonstrate a strong value proposition.
Convincingly articulate the unique selling proposition.
The Associate Director of Philanthropy reports to the Development Director and is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.