EP-Nuffic is represented abroad by a network of Netherlands Education Support Offices (Nuffic Neso’s) managed by the Education Promotion Department in The Hague. Nuffic Neso’s are located in countries of strategic importance for Dutch higher education including Brazil, China, India, Vietnam, Mexico, Russia, Thailand, Korea, Turkey, South Africa and Indonesia. For our Neso office in Indonesia we are looking for a
Head of Development & Partnerships (full-time, work location: Jakarta)
Nuffic Neso Indonesia (Neso) has expanded significantly in recent years. As well as promoting Study in Holland and providing customised services for Dutch Higher Education Institutions, Neso implements the strategic bilateral scholarship programme StuNed. It also contributes to the harmonisation of higher education through the SHARE scholarship programme. Furthermore, Neso manages a tailor-made capacity building programme in integrated urban water management, the Dutch Training and Exposure Program (DUTEP) Rotterdam – Jakarta, with co-funding from government and private sector sources. Triple-helix cooperation is further encouraged through Living Labs in the fields of Water, Logistics and Maritime and the placement of Dutch interns in local or international companies based in Indonesia. Nuffic Neso Indonesia monitors the Netherlands Initiative for Capacity Building in Higher Education (NICHE) projects in Indonesia and is developing new capacity building modalities, especially to enhance the relevance and quality of vocational education and training.
Currently, the main activities of Nuffic Neso Indonesia are:
- Study in Holland promotion and student counselling for Indonesian students
- Providing information on study programmes and internship places for Dutch students in Indonesia
- Market information and analysis
- Holland Alumni network
- Management of scholarship programmes
- Development and implementation of higher education related programmes/projects and services for stakeholders
- Coordination of Nuffic Neso activities in the Southeast Asian region
The Head of Development & Partnerships will be responsible for the further development of the portfolio of activities and partnerships, leveraging upon the existing capacities and position of Nuffic Neso Indonesia. It is a multi-tasking role in a team environment.
What will you be doing?
- Expanding and intensifying relations in Indonesia with the government, in education and with the (Dutch) business society for identification of project opportunities
- Providing business development advice and support, including desk research, preparing project proposals and contracts in coordination with EP-Nuffic
- Basic monitoring of program finances and preparing quotations and budgets
- Designing and facilitating of training programs and workshops, as well as delivering presentations to government or companies
- Strategic development and promotion of Nuffic Neso Indonesia’s capacity building activities
- Monitor NICHE projects and engage with project partners to build synergies with other activities of Nuffic/Neso and priority government or top economic sectors
- Planning, coordination, evaluation and reporting for dynamic programs such as DUTEP and the activities of Living Lab
- Realizing co-funding arrangements with corporate and government partners in general and for the StuNed scholarship programme in particular
You will report directly to the Director of Nuffic Neso Indonesia regarding activities and results and you will work closely with the other colleagues in Jakarta, The Hague and possibly other relevant countries.
What should you bring with you?
You are a responsible, proactive and result-driven individual, who combines an entrepreneurial attitude with good communication skills and knowledge of the education sector.
You fulfil the following job requirements:
· A relevant higher education degree
· The knowledge and experience to work with higher education institutions, government, donor agencies and corporate partners.
· Familiarity with proposal writing, project management and reporting procedures
· Understanding of business development in relation to education and research
· Knowledge of, and a feel for, international relations and affinity with Dutch-Indonesian relations
· Entrepreneurial mindset
· Strong problem-solving skills and flexibility.
· Excellent verbal and written command of English, and preferably of both Dutch and Indonesian.
· Strong project management and problem solving skills
· Computer literate especially in MS office applications
· Able to work in a team and independently
· Willing and able to work and travel outside regular office hours
We can offer you:
· A dynamic and international work environment;
· An attractive salary and good fringe benefits;
- a one-year contract with an option for extension if your performance and business circumstances sufficiently warrant it;
- Assistance, if needed, in obtaining a working visa for Indonesia.
For more information, or to apply
For more information about the position, please contact Mrs. Paulina Nainggolan of Nuffic Neso Indonesia via +62 21 5290 2172 or Office@nesoindonesia.or.id. For more information about EP-Nuffic, go to www.epnuffic.nl. Please send your letter of application and CV no later than 7 March 2017 to the Nuffic Neso office via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
id mentioning ‘Head of Development & Partnerships’ in the subject line.