Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 90 million in annual turnover, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 32 countries. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 42 years. This position will cooperate with two large Swisscontact Programs:
- The Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) aims to develop sustainable agricultural value chains through cooperation with international private partners such as BT Cocoa, Barry Callebaut, Cargill, Ecom, JB Cocoa, Mars, Mondelēz International, and Nestlé. A total of 130,000 cocoa farmer households will benefit through various capacity building efforts in order to improve the productivity and quality of their cocoa production.
- The Tourism Development for Selected Destinations Program (WISATA) supports the government and local communities to develop selected areas as a travel destination and to attract visitors who enjoy adventure, culture and sustainable nature. The project aims to develop Flores, Tanjung Puting, Toraja and Wakatobi as internationally recognized tourist destinations, while at the same time protecting their natural and cultural identities.
Swisscontact is currently accepting applications for the position of:
Based in Jakarta (Job Code: SSP - JKT)
The Skills Specialist is an expert who will support the development of Swisscontact’s capacity-building programs for youth, working through vocational schools and community stakeholders. The immediate focus of the Skills Specialist will be programs in the cocoa industry. A secondary role of the Skills Specialist will be networking and support building for Swisscontact’s tourism programs in relevant ministries. The Skills Specialist will also be asked to support new program development with data and analysis in the fields of youth skills-development and tourism.
· Establishing an informal community-driven youth empowerment program for youth in cocoa farming communities
· Strengthening existing formal youth education through engagement of Vocational Schools (SMKs) in program locations
· Creating an enabling cultural and policy environment for youth-centered development in program locations
· Networking and informing key government actors about Swisscontact Tourism programs
· Building support for current and future Swisscontact tourism-focused programs
· Securing support from ministries and government actors for tourism-focused vocational school programs
· Representing Swisscontact Tourism programs at the Ministry of Tourism and other key government actors in Jakarta
· Providing program design input, data, research on specific topics related to future skills-development programs
· Providing program design input, data, research on specific topics related to future tourism-focused programs Coordinating with the program development team to complete proposals and grant applications
· University Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
· Minimum 5 years in program design and implementation for an NGO or government office
· Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in youth skills-development programs (required)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in government-relations; working with GOI stakeholders representing NGO programs (required)
· Experience in tourism and hospitality development (advantage)
· Experience in grant and proposal writing (advantage)
· Experience report writing in Bahasa Indonesia and English (required)
· Ability to work legally in Indonesia
· Excellent communication skills in English: fluent speaker or at least C1 / CEFR (written and spoken)
· Native spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and expert knowledge of Indonesian government structure on local, provincial and national levels
· Strong coordination/ team cooperation skills (required)
· Active communicator (required)
· Proven intercultural skills (required)
· Excellent time management skills
· Expert use of MS Office
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your CV before Close of Business 17 March 2017 at the latest with the JOB CODE as an e-mail subject.