Project Assistant for ARCH Project: Evidence based IYCF program
Helen Keller International-Indonesia
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non-governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Phnom Penh to support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Since the 1970s, HKI-Indonesia has been working to establish sustainable evidence-based approaches to enhance health and nutrition, improve education for the disabled, and expand access to eye health services for Indonesians, particularly women and children. HKI-Indonesia’s programs are integrated at all levels of the government health and education structures by helping to develop its human resources and infrastructure, conduct needs assessments, analyze local context to inform program design and implementation, train personnel, provide basic equipment and medicines, deliver services if needed, and monitor program progress and evaluate program impact.
Helen Keller International has implemented ARCH Project in four countries: Cambodia, Nepal, Senegal and Tanzania since 2012 within the context of promoting and protecting optimal breastfeeding practices per the recommendations of WHO and UNICEF. Indonesia has been added as an ARCH country in 2016. Assessment among mothers of children younger than 24 months of age will be conducted in Bandung City between the period of April-August 2017.
We urgently seek a Project Assistant who will be responsible for serving the ARCH Project Team and available immediately.
JOB POST : Project Assistant
PROGRAM : Nutrition
SUPERVISOR : Nutrition Program Manager/ARCH Project Country Coordinator
BASED IN : Bandung
DURATION : Short term - 6 (six) months
Scope of Work:
1) Provide administrative and financial assistance to Nutrition Program Manager/ARCH Project Coordinator.
2) Responsible for arranging and handling local procurement (including venue for trainings and meetings), purchases and other project needs (stationaries, photocopies, groceries, courier & expeditions, etc).
3) Responsible for local travel, lodging and meal arrangement of project members including during data collection period.
4) Responsible for tracking and compiling of local expenses and ensure timely delivery of documents to Finance Officer.
5) Represent HKI and ARCH project in delivering documents to government institutions, health facilities, business retails and other counter parts as needed.
6) Responsible in keeping appropriate use of ARCH project office.
7) Responsible in tracking and keeping updated inventory list of project assets including souvenirs/gifts intended for project informants and products purchased for labelling study.
8) Support development of digital documentation of products for the labelling study, including scanning product labels.
9) Carry out other additional duties as assigned by Nutrition Program Manager and/or Country Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in administration, secretary, economy or relevant fields.
- Reside in Bandung.
- Related experience in NGO, preferably with health and nutrition program.
- Excellent oral and written Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to communicate in Sundanese is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with external contacts as well as internal colleagues
- Computer literate in use of word-processing and excel spreadsheet, experience in producing written report.
Please email your curriculum vitae or resume and a cover letter (in English) with the subject line ARCH Project Assistant to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org by 31 March 2017, close of business. Any questions and clarifications can be sent to Indonesia.Recruitment@hki.org
People with disabilities or special needs are encouraged to apply.