Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 90 million in annual turnover, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 32 countries. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 42 years.
The Swisscontact Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
PROGRAM OFFICER, Based in Kolaka (Jobe Code: PO-KOL)
The Program Officer will play important roles in establishing cocoa development program activities at field level in the district/region, maintain linkage among the districts/region with government and private sector and other agribusiness development opportunities.
Task, Authority and Responsibility
• Lead and responsible to establish technology transfer system component on cocoa in Sulawesi
• Responsible to ensure the project implementation in Sulawesi, in coordination with SCPP Field Coordinator, other PO and program management;
• Oversee and supervise District Management Unit in terms of administration procedure and approval process;
• Responsible for financial expenditures of district activities and ensure that internal program controls are in place;
• The PO's will assume responsibility for all regional and district level activities, ensuring timely and effective delivery of activities and output based on quality management system as well as strengthening technical cooperation with local constituent and social partners;
• Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly plan and update report as required by program;
• Provide budget plans and ToR of activities that will be conducted in his/her responsible of the district area coordinated with Field Coordinator;
• Build and maintain partnerships with implementing partners, government and other key stakeholders of SCPP Program;
• With minimum supervision, the PO’s will demonstrate a quality of work standards that is an example to other.
• University degree in agriculture, economic, community development, or social science, preferably agriculture.
• Minimum six years (included two years in management level), preferably in agricultural sector.
• Previous experience in managing project operation and staff in development sector.
• Experience in writing narrative and financial report.
• Experience in planning and managing budget.
• Experience in risk mapping & Capacity Assessment on a local level.
• Knowledge in Cocoa Good Agriculture Practice;
• Understanding opportunities and constraints for sustainable development;
• Good in facilitating training skill.
• Strong sense of responsibility and control;
• Good interpersonal skills and commitment to work in a team;
• Skills in computer, software systems (windows, spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, internet;
• Good presentation skills;
• Proficiency of English, both in written and verbal English.