WRI Indonesia is looking for a Consultant for UX Designer, based in Jakarta.
About WRI Indonesia
WRI Indonesia is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
WRI Indonesia is seeking a UX designer with demonstrated professional and research experience working with public education, socio-economic and environmental data, crowdsourcing, and web-map development, for its Forest, Climate and Energy programs. The position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The UX designer will be working with WRI Indonesia’s team on the development of key initiatives for the above programs such as:
Peatland Restoration Monitoring Platform:
A virtual platform with capabilities on geospatial visualization of ongoing restoration area to monitor progress and future restoration opportunity, and also fire alert feature. In addition, on top of these technical features, this monitoring platform needs to showcase political pledges on restoration and on environment issues by national and sub-national leaders. The platform will need to have capability to monitor the implementation progress of those pledges, commitments, and promises to encourage openness and wider public participation.
Sustainable Energy One Map:
Aims to increase accessibility to data and analysis, especially spatial analysis related to clean energy development in Indonesia. In its process, SEOM is developed together with Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources. SEOM shall include a portal where user, government and non-government, can contribute and access clean energy-related data and analyses.
One Map Initiatives:
One Map Initiatives:
A versatile online platform where One Map stakeholders could submit, revise, claim, verify and manipulate geospatial information using a single, secured, cloud-based database. The platform should be user-friendly and equipped with analytical tools (i.e drawing, highlighting, typing, overlaying, etc) to resolve spatial problems overlapped and different scaled spatial data (i.e concessions, forest boundaries, land cover, satellite image, fire hotspot, deforestation, etc).
National Forest Monitoring System:
Online platform that lays out updated time series land cover change, from which deforestation, forest degradation and drivers of forest cover change can be analyzed. The improvement of the platform is useful to improve transparency, usability and capability of the NFMS in reporting forest cover change information, which in turn will contribute to more accurate national GHG reporting.
Land Use Accountability:
A web based GIS platform to perform accountability and traceability analysis on particular smallholder block, based on the National Smallholder Database System which enables small holder data storage, manipulation, and retrieval by authorized smallholder consortium member and National Database System at the Ministry of Agriculture.
WRI is committed to ensuring gender equity across our program portfolios. As such, the consultant is expected to incorporate attention to gender where appropriate.
The selected UX Designer will assist the project manager(s) in:
· Streamline the concept and design of WRI Indonesia’s platforms
· Sketch out visual concepts both on paper and using software applications to design front-end experiences and interaction design for potential users
· Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences covering mobile phones, tablets and computers
· Re-design websites to make them more responsive, with those aimed at the general public from both government and commercial service industries
· Design a mobile apps that are easy to use and are configured appropriately for smartphones and tablets
· Ensure that an end-product design meets the core project objectives required by WRI while providing users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement
· Joining meetings and presenting work result whenever needed.
· Producing technical documents relevant to the projects.
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with at least 3-year work experience in visual and web design or other related fields.
· Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
· Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
· Ability to iterate your design and solutions efficiently and intelligently
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
· A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
· Demonstrated research experience working with environmental and energy-related data in spatial format
· Experience of working with government projects
· Strong inter-personal skills, working with people from a variety of backgrounds
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Highly responsible and self-motivated
· Excellent time management skills and ability to work with tight deadlines
Consultant fee is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online at careers.wri.org. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 30 March 2017. We will close the advert earlier when best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri-indonesia.org.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10