WRI Indonesia is associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI has worked with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in the United States, Brazil, China, Europe, India, and Indonesia.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country focusing on forests and land use governance, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include climate, energy, as well as cities and transportation programs.
The objective of combining concession data is to create a comprehensive data set of palm oil concession shape-files by combining data from multiple sources. WRI Indonesia in collaboration with Greenpeace will develop a method of shape-files consolidation that can be used to scale this approach into national scale.
The personal consultant will be based in 2 places with proportion of 50:50 for WRI Indonesia office and Greenpeace office in Jakarta to work under the direction and supervision of GIS team from both organizations to consolidate, evaluate, update and inventory palm oil plantation concession data to produce an integrated concession data. This role will work closely with the GIS team members of WRI Indonesia and Greenpeace as well as the other partners as required. The work will span for 3 months of trial with probability of extension, focusing on Riau, West Kalimantan and Papua provinces.
The consultant main areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Provides technical service for consolidating the palm oil plantation concessions from multiple sources
- Find information and incorporate ownership of concession data including the group level
- Designing work plan by translating the workload into strategies for the successful outcome
- Proactively identifies and address’ opportunities and challenges including but not limited to the activity of consolidating concession data, resolving issues and initiating appropriate solution
- Ensure effective quality assurance of the consolidated concession shapefiles
- Supports the GIS team in project implementation, ensuring that desired outputs are delivered and outcomes are achieved within the appropriate level of quality and punctuality, in accordance with the program/project plan
- Coordinates with other GIS team to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency in accomplishing the project objective
- Generates weekly report to GIS team regarding accomplishment of the work plan
- Documenting the changes and challenges into a designated log by the GIS team
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
- Bachelor degree in geography, geodesy, forestry, or any other related field.
- Studies, interest or experience working on environmental issues and specifically forest or land use issues.
- Minimum 1-2 years of full-time work experience in relevant field.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, and well organized.
- Ability to deftly manage projects with strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills and balance attention to detail with big-picture thinking.
- Ability to manage professional relationships to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Highly organized and systematic with strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines required.
- Detail-oriented and organized thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
· Experience in coursework of forestry, land use management, social issues, and sustainable development.
· Proven extensive experience in geospatial analysis using GIS software
· Familiarity with advance functions of GIS software.
· Familiarity with topology error function on GIS software.
· Familiarity with Indonesian palm oil concessions and other land-use based legal scheme permit.
· Work plans are expected to be carried out timely and satisfactory with minor supervision.
· Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure.
· Ability to work well with internal and external participants is essential.
· Ability to work well in group/team as well as working individually.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is imperative.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI Indonesia offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply online by sending CV and application letter to email@example.com and/or through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from minority groups, persons from developing nations, and women of all backgrounds.
Deadline of application: March 17, 2017