Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasize a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The Research Coordinator will work within the Last Mile Consulting team and be part of a randomized controlled trial on seasonal migration in Nusa Tengara Timor. Planned from May to October 2017, the research will involve recruiting 500 farming households to participate in the study and providing them with information and transportation subsidies to travel to urban areas after agricultural harvests. The aim of the study is to measure the effectiveness of such an intervention on farmers’ income, health, nutrition, and other socioeconomic outcome measures.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills and willingness to travel to remote villages.
- Indonesian national (or expatriates highly fluent in Indonesian)
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as social science
- At least 3 years professional work experience including fieldwork in rural areas
- Excellent communication skills in Indonesian and English
- A can-do and collaborative mind set – comfortable with ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving and fast-paced work environment.
- High energy levels.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values and reaching underserved communities.
- Willingness to travel.
Skills and behaviors:
- Proficient in English and Indonesian
- Familiarity with Commcare and other digital data collection apps
- Excellent research and analytical skills, particularly quantitative analysis.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Advanced computer skills with competency in Excel and PowerPoint.
Mastery of research tools and materials
- Receive training and master the research tools including the use of Commcare (a digital data collection app)
Identification of eligible villages and households
- Based on eligibility criteria, visit village and introduce the study to village heads
- In close coordination with village heads, recruit eligible households to participate in the study
- Conduct baseline socio-economic surveys with participating households, using Commcare
Implementation of research intervention
- Provide necessary information and transportation subsidies to research participants
- Monitor movement of research participants to urban or other areas
- Obtain approvals from local government and relevant authorities
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the team and management
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 1ST 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.info/page/car