Transformasi is implementing 15 months SINERGI project through a
consortium together with Rajawali Foundation and Education Development
Center (EDC). SINERGI is under KUNCI Initiative implemented by DAI and
supported by USAID. The purpose of KUNCI project is to promote more
inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and
entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The ultimate goal
of this project is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young
Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
The goal of SINERGI project is to develop a better match between the job
skills of poor and vulnerable youth and local labor market demand,
through enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination and smarter policies.
SINERGI will be implemented under two phase, the pilot period for 15
months in Central Java and the implementation period for the next 3.5
years (subject for USAID approval). The goal of the project is achieved
through successful implementation of the following three Intermediate
1. Improved national level inclusive workforce policy environment
through knowledge sharing among government and private sector actors;
2. Improved provincial level inclusive workforce coordination among government, training providers, youth and private sector;
3. Improved vocational training that equips poor and vulnerable youth with relevant work skills.
Transformasi is seeking a Research Coordinator responsible to play
leading role in conducting, overseeing & supervising policy research
activities; and reviewing policy paper. To execute the task, Research
Coordinator will supervise Research Officer and coordinate closely with
Provincial Coordinator and other project staff based in field.
Research Coordinator will report to Project Leader and functionally will
be supervised by Policy Advisor related to substance, methodology and
quality of research work. The position will be based in Jakarta with
frequent travel to Central Java.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Policy Advisor to design policy research, engage respondents, review policy papers and involve in policy dialog.
• Support Policy Advisor to develop policy analytical tools.
• Develop instrument for quantitative and qualitative data collection.
• Conduct policy mapping, stakeholder mapping, Regulatory Impact
Analysis (RIA) in the context of improving Technical Vocational
Education and Training (TVET) access for poor and vulnerable (P & V)
youth at the national level and in Central Java.
• Conduct capacity development need analysis (CDNA) to assess the gap
and needs of intuitional capacity development within Central Java
Provincial Government in the context of inclusive workforce development.
• Lead and coordinate quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis.
• Lead and coordinate the development of research report and policy paper.
• Prepare and present research findings to policymakers and other
stakeholders during policy dialog and other dissemination event at the
province and district level.
• Review initial draft review of policy paper such as policy brief,
policy notes, executive summary developed by Research Officer (RO).
• Coordinate with M&E Officer for any research activities related to M&E.
• Coordinate with Communication and Campaign Specialist to disseminate
research issues, results and findings, related with SINERGI and
inclusive workforce policy.
• Coordinate with Provincial Coordinator (PC) for implementation data
gathering and any research activities involving key stakeholders at the
• Together with Policy Adviser and team prepare case studies, policy recommendations and other lessons learned from the project.
• Prepare research expenditure reports.
• Recruit, supervise and evaluate Research Officer.
• Identify and recruit enumerator or expert consultants as planned and
needed in the project to support research activities with the approval
of Project Leader.
• Prepare and request budget to Project Leader for research activities to Project Leader.
• Master degree from public policy, public administration, policy
science, social science and other related fields, doctorate degree is an
• At least 8 years of relevant work experiences in policy research, with
latest years as a senior researcher that leads a research team.
• Ability to develop qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
• Experience in conducting stakeholder analysis and baseline survey.
• Have understanding on social policy and economic issue in Indonesia context.
• Familiar with TVET and labor issue is an advantage.
• Have experience working with USAID project and familiar with its regulation are preferable.
• Experience working in international circumstance is beneficial.
• Strong leadership and analytical skill.
• Ability to use English in professional circumstance.
• Willing to travel to the project sites frequently.
• Computer literate on MS Office, with professional email writing experience.
• Good report writing skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task effectively.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above
qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 30th April
2017 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Research Coordinator Only short listed candidates will be notified