The consultant will support the World Bank’s Social Protection, Labor, and Jobs Global Practice (SPL) team based in Jakarta on all business process and IT aspects of Government of Indonesia’s social protection programs and institutions:
1. Work closely with Senior Business Process and IT specialist and SPL team in providing support to the Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) in policy and regulation on integrated IT system for social assistance programs implementation;
2. Work closely with Senior Business Process and IT specialist and SPL team in assisting MoSA with the development of guideline (comprising manual, strategy and action plan) for designing and establishing an integrated IT system to support the PKH implementation and assure effectiveness, efficiency and accuracy in delivering PKH benefits and associated services;
3. Support MoSA and PKH teams to identify technical issues, recommend practical and coherent solutions, and advise on procurement and supervision of external service providers.
The primary responsibilities of the IT Consultant are to:
· Obtain a broad understanding over the MoSA programs and initiatives, related to social protection and the overall ICT vision of MoSA;
· Obtain a clear view of MoSA digital infrastructure initiatives and utilize the know-how for all projects;
· Build and sustain effective relationships with senior government officials, line ministries, international development partners and think tanks;
· Prepare analytical reports for the team leader and the government and developing guideline on an integrated IT system for PKH implementation and other programs;
· Participate in meetings with senior government officials and prepare Power Point presentations and make presentations as required;
· Understand and capture business models, operational and assist in preparing detailed business requirements and technical specifications for Information System components;
· Identify project risks, maintain risk register and prepare mitigation plan;
· Guide and provide support for analysis, conceptualization, development, implementation, support and maintenance of Information System;
· Collaborate and maintain close relationships with vendors, suppliers and manufacturer for ICT industry;
· Liaise directly with key stakeholders of the projects to understand and convey expectations accurately;
· Attend to review meetings with all stakeholders and provide feedback;
· Maintain requirements register and prepare status updates;
· Identify the capacity building and training needs of MoSA and facilitate this capacity building;
· Formulate project specific documentations, presentation including but not limited to;
o Stakeholder Analysis Specification
o Business Analysis Plan
o Business Requirements
o Business Case
o Solution Scope
o Functional specifications
o Nonfunctional specification
o Any other reports/presentation/document
· Support the overall coordination of the World Bank social protection programs in Indonesia, particularly on the PKH implementation activities of IT integration, Monitoring Evaluation, and EFC prevention works.
This position will be a local hire. It requires an individual with maturity, good judgment and the ability to work well with teams within the Bank and with senior government officials. The successful applicant for the Business Process and IT Specialist position will meet the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or a relevant discipline with more than 5 years of relevant work experience in IT management, business process redesign, service & operations excellence, and consolidated and integrated technology platforms preferably to support social protection program implementation in Indonesia. Previous experience with the government, or multi-lateral development agency projects would be highly advantageous.
- Strong expertise, practical experience in leading technical assistance in the area of business processes and IT system for large public or private organizations. Previous experience in public organizations would be highly advantageous;
- Strong engagement skills with counterparts; client focused with an ability to meet changing priorities and provide prompt and high quality responses, including generate a range of engagement products (presentations, policy briefs/guidance, memos, etc);
- Demonstrated skills in effective knowledge transfer and capacity building;
- Experience in business analysis, consulting, facilitation of workshops, documentation and solution design;
- Good understanding of software estimation techniques would be an added advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, with proven ability to work in a team and intercultural environment, with minimal supervision;
- Function well independently and have the ability to professionally represent the Bank;
- Demonstrated high quality of written and verbal communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Knowledge of the political economy and institutional context in Indonesia is desirable.
Expertise in Java technology and Oracle and prior experience of business processes of conditional cash transfer programs are preferred.
• Policy inputs to government related to business process and integrated IT system of PKH implementation, this includes comments on government-produced documents, meeting notes, slide presentation, policy analysis/notes;
• Develop guideline of integrated IT system for PKH implementation, including manual, strategy and action plan for the possible IT integration implementation at MoSA;
• Input on integrated IT system perspectives to SPL team works in developing Monitoring Evaluation guideline and Error, Fraud and Corruption (EFC) guideline for PKH implementation;
• Agreed artifacts for each assignment.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.