KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second most deadly infectious disease in the world. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has a strong reputation in national and international TB control. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. As a non-profit international organization, KNCV is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia. The central office is located in The Hague, The Netherlands. KNCV Indonesia helps to combat tuberculosis in Indonesia in close cooperation with the Ministry of Health.
KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Currently KNCV is looking for a:
Duty Station: Representative Office, Jakarta
The Receptionist will responsible for handling the front office reception and administrative duties, including but not limited to welcoming all visitors and directing them appropriately; notifying the appropriate staff of the arrival of the visitor; answering the KNCV telephone professionally and promptly, transferring the call if appropriate (introducing the caller before putting the call through), taking messages if needed; sorting & distributing mails; managing the meeting room schedule and any other admin related work a required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries, callers and visitors to KNCV and direct to the relevant people in a welcoming and efficient manner.
- Welcomes all on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Arrange with the Office Assistant drinks and snacks for visitors and where requested meetings.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls with KNCV standard greeting in a prompt and bright manner. Ensure the telephone is covered at all times and that calls and messages are dealt with promptly and correctly.
- Ensure that the reception area is well maintained – clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintains electronic contact and information lists.
- Handle, record and monitor all incoming and outgoing documents ensuring that they are distributed/sent to the appropriate people in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide support with organising meetings and other events as requested.
- Under the direction of line manager, support KNCV logistic activities e.g. staff movements, archiving of documents, etc.
- In collaboration with the Program Secretary and HR Department – keep a record of all travel in and out of the office and calendar of meetings/events (internal and external).
- Provide support related to office utility management related to the building and building maintenance, including disseminating messages and announcements from the Building Management Office to KNCV staff.
- Work closely with the Office Assistant to provide other support where needed.
- Ensure office security such as: maintain a log book for visitors, ensure the door is remain closed as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum diploma degree
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in administration/secretarial work
- Strong Computer skills and advanced in email, word and excel
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, in both Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Pleasant personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleague
- Able to create a supportive working environment amongst all staff
- Able to work as part of a team or individually
- Motivated, proactive and willing to learn
- Punctual and reliable
KNCV offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to recruitment.indonesia@kncvtbc.
org by 10 May 2017 at the latest.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.