C-SAVE Indonesia is a network of civil society organizations collaborating to address violent extremism in Indonesia, the region and globally. To materialise the cooperation between the government and the society, Indonesia civil society organisations agreed to develop a national network called Civil Society Against Violent Extremism (C-SAVE INDONESIA) to facilitate and support the emergence of innovative initiatives which will act as catalyst and provide a platform for multi-stakeholder collaboration addressing violent extremism at the local, national, and international levels.
VISION Indonesia free from violent extremism.
MISSION To boost the development of civil society organisations national network countering violent extremism in Indonesia, the region and globally, by (1) enhancing synergy dan collaboration with the government, higher education institutions, the media, and community based organisations; (2) spurring the development of innovative local initiatives and best practices; (3) boosting partnership with international community for wider impacts; (4) and thriving evidence and research based development for policy change and programmatic strategy.
VALUES In meeting the vision and mission, C-SAVE adheres to the following values:
— Fact Based: C-SAVE underlies its views, cooperations and field works based on scientific studies and experience of the members.
— Innovation: C-SAVE explores innovative ideas and approaches that could give add value for wider impact.
— Collaboration: C-SAVE collaboratively works with all members and partners to achieve the best results.
— Inclusiveness: C-SAVE upholds the values of diversity and ensures opportunities are open to all members.
— Integrity: C-SAVE applies the values of integrity which is believed to give the best for our members and the civil society sector.
C-SAVE relies its strategic measures on five integrated program approach, including:
Prevention of violent extremism in society becomes the main agenda of C-SAVE considering the depth and breadth of the challenges facing Indonesia.
2. Enabling Constructive State Responses
The government’s role in the handling violent extremism becomes important when policies, law enforcement and government agencies performance are very influential on the creation of a conducive environment.
3. Disengagement in rehabilitation and post release programming
Intervention through disengagement of the terrorist inmates inside prison and post-release is an integrated strategy to counter violent extremism.
4. Narrative Alternative
Development of alternative narrative becomes important in penetrating the narratives promoted by extremist groups as part of their recruitment and propaganda strategies.
5. Scientific Base
C-SAVE will develop sustainable scientific researches and studies dedicated to policy direction, national strategy and field implementation for maximum impact expected.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
Report Directly to: C-SAVE Executive Director
Direct & Supervise the work of: C-SAVE Finance Staff
Coordinate the work of:
C-SAVE Program Staff
C-SAVE member organisations and partners
MAJOR TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
Overall Supervision and Coordination
• Supervise finance Staff and support C-SAVE office to achieve the objectives agreed to in grants and contracts for C-SAVE projects;
• In support of the Program Officer, ensure up-to-date information on all financial aspects of programs and activities;
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues in the office;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prepare and review all finance-related documents prior to finalisation;
• Ensure compliance with country-level tax and entitlement regulations;
• Prepare monthly financial reports for board and project reports for donors;
• Ensure that employee benefits are in compliance;
• Collaborate with the Program Officers to ensure up-to-date information on all financial aspects of programs.
• In cooperation with relevant supervisor, work directly with staff on procurement, C-SAVE, administration, and other finance-related activities to ensure compliance with C-SAVE, donor, and Indonesian financial regulations;
• Ensure sub-grant monitoring of local partners of C-SAVE concerning donor policies and procedures.
• Submit financial information as requested by external audiences for review and approval before release.
• Lead on office and project annual, semi-annual, and quarterly budgets and financial reports.
• Lead with audit processes for the country, which may include annual financial statement audits in accordance with local laws, C-SAVE required audits and donors’ audits in accordance with grant agreements.
• Prepare financial reports so that they comply with grant or contract agreements.
• Ensure compliance with all C-SAVE financial policies and procedures as well as donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of financial reports within the guidelines established by C-SAVE and its donors.
• Strengthen the capacity of the finance staff and provide guidance to program and operations teams for finance-related activities.
• Contribute to the generation of concept papers and proposals;
• Develop budgets, budget narratives, and other information needed for submission to donors and others for fundraising marketing purposes;
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least five years’ experience in accounting and/or financial management or in a closely related field.
• Previous financial management experience with a local non-governmental organization required. Having experience with an international non-governmental organization is a plus.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in budget monitoring.
• Knowledge of DFAT rules and regulations and other international donors’ rules and regulations would be a plus.
• Managing organization wide audits as well as donor specific audits.
• Good oral and written English language skills.
• Computer literate in the use of word-processing, spreadsheet, accounting software (preferably QuickBooks) and local area networking.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified candidates should submit their CVs and a one-page cover letter in the body of the e-mail stating why they want to work for C-SAVE Indonesia and why you are qualified for this position to: email@example.com notiOnly shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications should be received by 30 May 2017.
ng the job title in the subject
Indonesia Finance Manager.”