TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION SYSTEM (TIS) OPERATIONS MANAGER
The TIS Operations Manager is responsible for the overall management and implementation of IT infrastructure and systems development in accordance with the Indonesia Program’s (IP) business goals. S/he acts as the liaison and primary point of communication between TIS and IP business units and external vendors. S/he gathers requirements, defines scope and objectives and makes recommendations related to the purchase and/or development of systems to support business strategies. S/he collaborates with other TIS staff to identify and leverage solutions across business units. S/he is responsible for project or task management and issues related to implementing IT infrastructure and systems development. S/he may supervise and/or assist in the supervision of staff.
Management Information Systems (~70%)
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the strategies, goals and processes of IP business units.
- Create an IT blueprint that ensures the technology application strategy is aligned with the overall IP business strategy.
- Provide guidance and expertise to business teams on products/systems.
- Conduct analysis of business or technical user needs, documenting requirements and developing system specifications.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for IT tasks.
- Write and maintain detailed systems documentation, including user and technical manuals.
- Translate user or systems requirements into functional technical specifications.
- Establish control policies in accordance with best practices and defining benchmarks and measures.
- Evaluate current and new technology and assess the applicability to TIS requirements.
- Identify and evaluate potential areas of improvement through the use of new technology.
- Plan and budget for IT activities on short- and long-term goals and manage it in a cost-effective manner.
IT Support Operations (~30%)
- Monitor, drive, improve and maintain IP TIS service against agreed KPI's to meet SLA's.
- Provide strategic, budgeting and disaster recovery/business continuity planning to staff in operating, business and functional units.
- Monitor and analyze incident/problem reporting and resolution to minimize IT operational risk.
- Responsible for procurement process, installation and life-cycle maintenance of IT hardware and software throughout Indonesia.
- Responsible for managing the successful IT-related onboarding and provisioning for new staff.
- Responsible for local IT vendor, contract and outsourcing management.
- Provide escalated technical support.
- Responsible for training, mentoring and supervising IT Technicians.
The TIS Operations Manager reports to the Asia Pacific TIS Program Director with dotted reporting line to the Indonesia Program Finance and Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field and/or combined equivalent of education and experience.
- Five years of experience as a business or technical profession in Information Technology or a related field.
- Written and verbal English fluency.
- Experience in defining and documenting complex systems requirements.
- Experience in communicating effectively with internal and external audiences.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated.
- Vendor management experience.
- Experience with software development methodologies.
- Strong dedication to the development of Successful Customer Outcomes.
- Strong ability to analyze and model business process and recommend solutions.
- Experience with the development and execution of test plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including technical writing.
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- Certification in Project Management and IT Service Management are preferred.
- Experience of creating & implementing Balanced Scorecard for IT Operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good in building and maintaining relationships
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than May 31, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.