We are currently recruiting a highly talented and motivated Digital Outreach Officer to support Kopernik’s communications team.
This position calls for a creative mind to develop, craft and execute compelling communications messages, working to engage and excite target audiences and mobilise greater support to help Kopernik serve more people in the last mile.
- Qualification in Media Studies, Communication, Journalism, or degree in a relevant discipline, with at least three years professional experience.
- Excellent ability to craft messages and write digital content for different audiences.
- Ability to critically analyse social media activities, and develop and execute effective strategies to encourage increased engagement and growth.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and ways of working.
- Willingness to travel to project sites or attend events, capturing compelling stories, still images and video footage, as required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and multicultural environment and deliver projects to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian.
- Strong interpersonal and team-work skills.
- Positive, hardworking, reliable, and motivated attitude, with a passion for social impact.
- Clear understanding of social entrepreneurship and innovation, with experience working in the development sector an advantage.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values in reaching underserved communities.
- Manage Kopernik's digital outreach to engage targeted audiences, supporting communications and advocacy plans and other organisational objectives.
- Lead the development of Kopernik’s monthly newsletter (Kopernik In Action), and both analyse its effectiveness and optimise engagement each month.
- Maintain and further develop the digital communications monthly editorial calendar, and monitor and evaluate the impact of digital outreach activities (channels include: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, Website, and Mailchimp).
- Prepare and implement digital communications plans in the event of an emergency.
- Promote recruitment calls and videos for new staff, volunteers and fellows.
- Maintain a media list and engage with key journalists via social media.
- Engage with and respond to supporters, donors and other key stakeholders via social media.
- Create and manage AdWords campaigns, monitor and evaluate their effectiveness and optimise engagement.
- Pitch stories and releases to media, and respond to media requests.
Website Content Management
- Coordinate, edit and publish new content to the Kopernik website (English and Indonesian), including press releases, project updates, blogs and impact stories.
- Manage volunteers to translate content between English and Indonesian.
- Respond to general enquiries on Kopernik’s website.
- Prepare and publish team bios and partner profiles on Kopernik’s website.
- Constantly monitor existing website content, ensuring it is up-to-date and relevant.
- Support the development of the monthly K-Insight publication, and other internal team needs and projects.
- Coordinate with Kopernik’s team in Japan to ensure external communications are aligned and needs are supported.
- Edit and proofread Indonesian language documents and reports, as required.
- Translate English language documents and reports to Indonesian and vice versa, as required.
- Host the weekly monday morning all-staff team meetings, including coordinating with all Indonesian field offices and the team in Japan via Webex.
- Manage the Photo Library, regularly uploading new photos.
- Actively support a strong culture of knowledge-sharing, cooperation, and teamwork.
- Support strong internal communications within the Kopernik team.
- Actively look for new opportunities to profile Kopernik’s work and expand our audience.
- Actively develop and implement new strategies and ideas for engaging targeted audiences and meeting communications team objectives.
- Write and pitch articles and opinion pieces to external publications to widen Kopernik’s reach within the development sector.
- Other duties as required.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 15TH 2017
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.info/page/