Challenge TB (CTB) is the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. Challenge TB is an international consortium with KNCV as lead partner for eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. Challenge TB in Indonesia work in 6 provinces (16 districts).
To support the implementation of APA 3 Challenge TB Project in Papua, 1 (one) time bound consultants for the role of Clinical Technical Officer will be hired to be based in Mimika (1). S/he will collaborate with team to manage the implementation of APA Challenge TB Project in Mimika.
Specifically, the technical officer will:
· Collaborate and coordinate with staff of Mimika District Health Office and partners (such as TB CEPAT, AISYIYAH, etc) in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of TB program
· Provide technical assistance to Mimika District Health Office and health facilities (Puskesmas, Hospitals, Clinics) in the implementation and monitoring TB district workplan, include the areas of Universal Access (District PPM, Provider Engagement, Advocacy), Quality Service (PMDT, TB/HIV), community support in TB control, and surveillance.
· Working with Technical Officer (from KNCV) and Data Officer Mimika, provide technical assistance/clinical mentoring/program monitoring to Mimika District Health Office and health facilities to accelerate the Xpert utilization, improve PMDT implementation, improve EQA implementation, strengthen/improve the TB/HIV activity collaboration, and surveillance.
· Monitor and provide technical assistance in the referral system of TB case finding from Linkages (HIV) outreach worker, and improve the implementation.
REPORT TO : Project Coordinator Officer (PCO) Papua
Monthly report of progress achievement based on quarterly planning
- 2 August 2017
- 2 September 2017
- 30 September 2017
· Medical Doctor preferably with a NGO background.
· Non-civil servant.
· Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in Public health/medical science or management preferably in health/TB control program.
· Excellent communications and negotiation skills
· Able to work independently and as a team
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good Coaching skills
· Must have excellent communication skills and good command in both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesian. Good English skills desired.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
July – September 2017
Interested candidate please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by 30 June 2017. Please put position title as e-mail subject.