Technical Officer – Laboratory (Time Bound Personnel)
Challenge TB (CTB) is the new USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. Challenge TB is an international consortium with KNCV as lead partner for eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), Family Health International (FHI 360), Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japanese Anti Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), Management Sciences for Health (MSH), Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization. The overarching strategic objectives of Challenge TB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms. Challenge TB in Indonesia work in 6 provinces (16 districts).
To support the implementation of APA 3 Challenge TB Project in Papua, 1 (one) time bound consultants for the role of Technical Officer for Laboratory will be hired to be based in Kota Jayapura (1). S/he will collaborate with CTB team and Provincial Health Office/PHO, Provincial Health Laboratory (Balai Laboratorium Kesehatan Provinsi/BLK Provinsi) to manage the implementation APA 3 CTB for sub objective 2: comprehensive, high quality diagnostic.
will provide technical assistance to Provincial Health Office/Provincial Health Laboratory/Balai Laboratorium Kesehatan Propinsi to enhance TB Lab services, networking and quality assurance at the provincial level.
Specifically, the technical officer will:
· In coordination with CTB provincial coordinator officer, work with PHO, BLK Provinsi, and CTB team Papua in implementation of APA 3 planning under sub objective 2.
· In coordination with IRLs, provide technical assistance to low performance TB lab (health facilities), based on the EQA result, through on the job training. Ensure microbiology test for TB diagnosis are carried out in accordance with TB Laboratory guidelines.
· Collaborate with BLK provinsi to build capacity of IRLs in 3 CTB districts.
· In coordination with TO - PMDT, ensure the implementation of GeneXpert and monitor the progress, including sputum transportation system.
· Participate in the regular coordination meetings with Dinas Kesehatan Provinsi and other partners.
REPORT TO : Project Coordinator Officer (PCO) Papua
Monthly report of progress achievement based on quarterly planning:
- EQA result
- GeneXpert monitoring and utilization
- Capacity Building result (i.e. on the job training, mentoring, etc.) for IRLs and TB laboratories in low performing health facilities
- 2 August 2017
- 2 September 2017
- 30 September 2017
· Diploma/bachelor degree in laboratory/biology or other relevant degree
· Non-civil servant.
· Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in laboratory preferably in TB control program.
· Excellent communications and negotiation skills
· Able to work independently and as a team
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good Coaching skills
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
July – September 2017
Interested candidate please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the latest on 5 July 2017. Please put the position title as subject in the e-mail.