OIL PALM STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
- Develop a suitable strategy for the effective engagement with key stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, and maintain effective working relations with key stakeholders such as government representatives, palm oil companies, association of palm oil producers and palm oil smallholder association, and other key parties to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
- Together with Oil Palm Project Manager, identify oil palm companies and get at least 10 companies agree to be engaged in mitigation and compensation initiatives of the project.
- Support palm oil companies in ensuring the high quality of assessment of mitigation options in oil palm sector based on prevailing laws and regulations, and practices.
- Together with Oil Palm Project Lead and other relevant team members, develop and support Compensation Support Facility with the government agencies, private sector companies, civil society organizations and community to support the implementation of companies’ compensation commitment.
- Coordinate and support other team members in developing sustainable oil palm planning toolkits, including mitigation planning toolkits, compensation and siting tools for oil palm sector in Berau and East Kalimantan.
- Together with Institutional Development Specialist work closely with government and key stakeholders in the development and implementation of policy and practices of sustainable oil palm through multi stakeholders working group .
- Coordinate, organize and execute events such as seminars, conferences and workshops in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate, prepare and finalize contract documents.
- Support other oil palm work packages as required.
The Oil Palm Sustainable Practices Manager will be based in Samarinda office with frequent travel to other areas, such as Jakarta, Berau, and other fields. S/he reports to the Oil Palm Program Manager.
- BA/BS degree and 15 years’ experience in stakeholder engagement, project management, conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with certain aspects of sustainable palm oil such as certification scheme, mitigation, compensation and remediation scheme
- Experience engaging and maintaining good relationship with key stakeholders
- Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
- Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development (partners, community, government); extensive networking skills with high level conservation contacts
- Negotiation skills.