SUSTAINABLE OIL PALM SPECIALISTThe Sustainable Oil Palm Specialist supports the Oil Palm Project Manager in the coordination and support of operational management of the Oil Palm Program. S/he provides support in managing contracts, monitoring progress and preparing reports to donor agency. She assists with disseminating best practices, provide training and analyses to best implement measures of success.
Specific duties include:
- Provide coordination and support in communication and engagement with corporate partners and industry stakeholders, including scheduling/coordinating meetings/workshops, coordinating internal and external working groups, distributing notes from meetings and supporting development of presentations and communications materials.
- Conduct research and analysis to ensure effective delivery of project objectives.
- Ensure clear communication and sharing of lessons learned.
- Support the day-to-day administration, financial management, annual planning and overall coordination of the Oil Palm Project including:
- preparation of Contract for Services, partner sub-awards under grant, assistance with due diligence activities, preparation and revision of contracts, agreements, review of invoices, maintenance of award files
- work closely with Indonesia Terrestrial Program (ITP) Finance and Operations Manager to review government grants and accounting transactions, ensure appropriate match transfers are completed, monitor accounting reports and account balances, including advances to partner NGOs.
- coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and services (travel, meeting, FCPA, VIP trip, contract, filing documents, and others) in a professional manner.
- research and select sources, control prices and quality
- maintain contact with suppliers for information affecting prices, availability and delivery
- negotiate purchase contracts and develops schedule for delivery of products
- work closely with the Grants Specialist on award administration issues and ensure that award monitoring meets TNC standards, donors and government rules.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in related field (e.g. international development, agronomy, business administration, conservation biology) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of oil palm sector, partnership schemes in oil palm, RSPO, ISPO standards, HCV assessment and management
- Knowledge of climate change issues
- Highly developed ability to synthesize and communicate information to businesses and other stakeholder groups
- Experience using common software applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Web browsers, etc.
- Technical experience with contracting and accounting issues
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems
- Experience assisting in the development of and management of program budgets
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than June 26, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.