: Grants Officer – SETAPAK
: Jakarta, Indonesia
Job Type and duration of contract
: Full-Time, 1 year contract period
: June 15, 2017
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Asia Foundation seeks qualified candidates for Grants Officer – SETAPAK position to conduct the pre award assessment/financial survey of shortlisted new partners, checking all partners’ financial reports following the checking guidelines in the partner audit policy, for financial accuracy, compliance with the sub grant agreement terms and the rules and regulations of the Foundation and the Donors. Ensures that the expenditure incurred by the partners organizations are within the budgets provided and that they are reasonable and relevant to the funded grant. Provides training to the staff of the partner organization in Quick books accounting software. Responsible for providing guidelines, other technical assistance to partners’ understanding of the financial accounting, reporting and supporting documents and filing responsibilities.
To work with the program units in resolving partner’s financial accounting and reporting problems. Checks amending letter for grant between partner organization and the Foundation. Responsible for cost share information provided by the partners. Responsible in meeting with project external auditors, supplying all required documents and information, and responding to audit findings.
- Conduct pre award assessment/financial survey to the shortlisted partners and ensure that all partners meet adequate pre-award requirements before agreements are signed.
- Participate in reviewing and revise tools used to conduct pre award requirement, partner financial & accounting guidelines and partners training materials.
- Maintain grants tracking report and remind the PA if the partner report is overdue.
- Review/conduct sample audit of partner financial report on completeness, accuracy and compliance, send the review result, follow up and resolve the issue with partner staffs (finance and program). Ensure safe custody of the partners’ supporting documents until they are checked and returned. Keep program colleagues informed as needed.
- Advise partner’s fund transfer base on the financial report submission, after considering the partner’s bank balance and their needs, and consulting with Grants & Contract Director and program team member.
- Conduct quarterly field visit to partner’s office/program field. Build partner capacity and resolve the issue appear in the field. Provide field visit report to the supervisor and discuss any issue during the visit. Conduct close our process to each partner and make sure that they are ready for audit.
- Giving an input and provide training for partner capacity building process, guideline preparation process, based on the audit report/findings.
- Maintain a good partner grant file – financial related.
- Institute measured within the Letter of Grants to reduce the Foundation’s risk in cases where partners need capacity improvement (i.e., replacing accountants, ensuring a tight financial reporting schedule, not making too-large advance payments, etc).
- Prepare PAF-2 and PAF-4, and make recommendations to Program staff as needed.
- Notify Program Director if over/under spending occurred and may require an amendment.
MANAGE AUDITS OF PARTNER
- Prepare the audit TOR and coordinate with procurement unit for the procurement process. Organize the entrance and exit meeting, provide the necessary documents, explanation/information related to partner audit, drafting audit response, and draft audit reports in providing explanations and supporting information and negotiating towards minimizing audit findings.
Other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Grants & Contract Director from time to time.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, audits and sub-grants management;
- Experience in international audit organizations dealing with audits local non-governmental organizations, or strong experience in dealing with audits in an international development organizations preferred;
- Experience working with local CSO;
- Minimum Four-year Degree in Accounting or Finance related subject from a recognized University. Advance degree preferred;
- Proficiency in English - Written and spoken;
- Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia - written and spoken;
- Proven written and oral communication skills;
- Strong team player and manager;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Professional organizational abilities;
- Strong attention to details.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter and CV to The Asia Foundation by e-mail to email@example.com by June 15, 2017. Please write “GO - SETAPAK” on the Subject of the e-mail. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.