RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit institute that provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide. RTI International – Asia Regional Office is seeking to fill the position of :
Working together with Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer is responsible for recording financial transactions for Jakarta and Asia Regional offices, and to report directly to the Regional Finance Director on a daily basis. The Finance Officer is responsible for the accuracy of these transactions so as to ensure compliance with all RTI and client policies and procedures. The Finance Officer is to regularly assist Senior Finance Officer to review the financial system to identify aspects that can be improved. Under this contract, the Finance Officer will be an employee of RTI International
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review all incoming invoices, entry to financial data base & input transactions into Citi Direct & S2B
- Calculate taxes for each transaction that require withholding taxes.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts including:
- Bank/account reconciliation
- Journal entries and general ledger operations
- Monthly financial reports
- Accurate and timely financial reports
- Financial databases
- Scanning of all financial documents and maintenance of quality for reporting purposes
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with USAID and organizational policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedure.
- Assist the Indonesia Senior Finance Officer with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Manage filing of financial and accounting records.
- Assist the preparation of monthly non‐expendable inventory changes and conduct year‐end physical office non‐expendable inventory count.
- Manage aging schedule of outstanding advances and review disbursement of vendors advances
- Maintain accurate financial records and prepare clear calculations to support informational, auditing and operational use.
- As backup on-train accountant and other finance staff related to Finance and Accounting matter including Accounting System for all projects in Indonesia.
- Perform other related finance and administrative tasks as required
- Master’s degree and 1 year of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have knowledge in accounting, finance, taxes, and administration. Experience in auditing will be preferable.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and highly organized, able to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- High standard of personal and professional integrity.
- Deep knowledge in excel, internet banking and email.
- Experience in working with QuickBooks software will be an advantage.
- Experience in project financed by USAID is an advantage.
How to Apply :
Please send in your updated CV and a maximum of one-page of Statement Letter in English (“How and why you think you are suitable for the position”) to HR-Indo@rti-indomd.rti.org and indicate the position applied in the email subject.
The closing date is Sunday, 18 June 2017