RutgersWPF Indonesia is a nongovernmental organization that has been working in Indonesia to improve sexual and reproductive health and rights and prevent sexual and gender based violence. We have a longstanding expertise in this field and work together with more than 20 partners to support CSE and Youth Friendly Services as well as implement Male Involvement approach to reduce GBV. In our approach we integrate advocacy, research and gender transformative programming.
Currently, RutgersWPF Indonesia is looking for an enthusiastic candidate for the following position is available on short notice:
Sexual and Reproduction Health and Rights (SRHR) Specialist
Fixed Term with possible extension, Jakarta based, 1 (one) Position
As SRHR Specialist you are responsible to ensure the application of comprehensive SRHR substance to the interventions of the organization and its partners, in order to achieve an effective program implementation, in accordance with RutgersWPF Indonesia strategy, vision and mission.
Tasks and responsibilities:
I. Technical Expertise
1. Continually review the policy changes on SRHR issues and make the necessary analysis for the development of program concepts.
2. Following and analyzing recent developments on the political, economic and social situation associated with SRHR, and identifying the program strategies and interventions that can be undertaken by RutgersWPF Indonesia.
3. Coordinate with the Project Manager to develop modules related to the SRHR issues that form the vision of the program.
4. Together with Country Representative and PME, make context analyzes related to SRHR to be used for the needs of proposal writing and institutional fund raising.
5. Coordinate with Advocacy Officer to create a position paper to be integrated into the SRHR related program road map with policy advocacy at the national level.
6. Coordinate with Advocacy Officers, Technical Advisors and PMs at the Head Office, formulate an international advocacy strategy for programs with SRHR issues.
7. Provide feedback on SRHR content and substance on CSE module development
8. Together with CR, conducting hearings to government and community institutions on the protection of women, children, LGBT and SRHR counter issues.
9. Conduct literature studies and relevant social studies related to SRHR issues.
10. Together with PME & Knwoledge Management conducts a review of the comparative study on SRHR.
11. Mainstreaming SRHR issues within the framework of expanding the service program network to areas around the partner intervention area.
II. Program Management
1. Program planning
a. Create an annual SRHR work plan, context analysis, and module content, articles, position papers and anything related to SRHR substance in the program that will be conducted by RutgersWPF Indonesia and its partners.
b. Provide feedback on SRHR substance to Program Manager, Program Officer Dance4life, Communication Officer and Advocacy Officer to program partner proposal and publication materials issued by RutgersWPF Indonesia and its partners (module, leaflet, booklet, etc.).
c. Together with Project Manager and PME & Knowledge Management Coordinator draft proposal based on research result / research conducted.
2. Program Implementation
a. Ensure all SRHR activities are carried out in accordance with the annual work plan.
3. Monitoring and evaluation of the program
a. In collaboration with PME & Knowledge Management Coordinator to formulate instruments for monitoring and evaluation of SRHR-substantiated programs.
b. Provide input from SRHR substance through analysis of data or program achievement information.
4. Program reporting
a. Create an analysis report, learning and best practices, on the programs implemented.
b. Create an activity report from each field meeting / activity / field visit.
5. Finance and Administration
a. Monitor and analyze the achievement of SRHR activities in accordance with the annual work plan.
III. Capacity Building
1. Conducting activities for partner capacity building through technical assistance, workshops and training for partners.
2. Engage in the development and manufacture of modules, training materials, and other program documents, conducted by partners, related to SRHR and CSE.
3. Collaborate with local partners in the implementation of capacity building training, workshops, etc. related to SRHR.
4. Coordinate with Country Representative and Technical Advisor SRHR in the Head Office formulates material for the RutgersWPF IndonesiaTechnical Assistance partner associated with the SRHR issue.
5. Coordinate with the Program Manager (ASK, UFBR, dance4life, and Advocacy officer) to facilitate or become resource persons related to SRHR issues in the context of capacity building activities of partners.
6. Contribute to Knowledge Management in an effort to improve the substance knowledge about SRHR, and analyze the need for both internal (employee) and external (organizational) technical assistance.
IV. Network Development and Strengthening
1. Together with Advocacy Officers advocate and strengthen networks for SRHR issues, with partners, relevant government agencies and donors at local, national and international levels through forums, meetings and conferences.
2. Together with PM at RutgersWPF Indonesia strengthens networking with non-governmental organizations working on human rights and SRHR issues at both local and national levels.
3. Ensure program sustainability including advocacy, fundraising, network development and exit strategy
1. Implementing other matters relating to the substance of SRHR, assigned by Country Representative.
He/She reports directly to the Country Representative and will be able to work self-driven and creatively in the team.
· Manage end-to-end recruitment and selection processes, in accordance with existing procedures.
· Advices, develop and maintain human resources standard operating procedures, templates and documents for key processes,
· Implement and monitor HR systems and procedures and provide timely an accurate reports on diverse HR management activities, policies and practices,
· Manage implementation of staff development, performance management and knowledge management within the organization in coordination with team member.
· Handle and oversee all office administration including permits, office equipment and ensure IT systems are working properly in coordination with IT,
· Develop and implement effective staff performance management of his/her team members
· Responsible for all procurement and contracting of external parties include manage office management ie. maintenance building, office space, office boy, security, electricity, telephone, and safety, manage assets and inventory in coordination with admin assistant,
· Organize filing systems; manage meeting agendas, workshops, and other logistical needs including travel and hotel bookings in coordination with program admin assistant.
Requirements, Skills and Competencies:
1. Commitment to the organization and the mandate
2. Focus on the best working standard results
3. Developing innovation and empowerment
4. Sensitive and respect for culture differences / values (tolerance of difference)
5. Do the learning consistently
6. Have an optimism attitude (can do-attitude)
Skills and Knowledge :
1. Master degree in the field of health / public health / medical, and / or other social sciences
2. At least 5 years experience in the field of SRHR / public health / population and development; Preferably understand the program management cycle
3. Having knowledge about the development of political issues, religion / beliefs and social structures, especially on sexual and reproductive rights (SRHR) and / or gender-based sexual violence (SGBV)
4. Proficient in Indonesian and English (verbal and written)
5. Competent as a team work, understand / sensitive to different cultures / values
The application can be submitted by e-mail to: recruitment.rutgerswpf.indo@ rutgerswpfindo.org
Indicating the position (HR & Admin Officer)
Application deadline will be 12 June, 2017
Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.