Kopernik is an exciting, fast-growing, cutting-edge organisation tackling technology distribution challenges. We emphasise a hybrid philanthropy-business model in achieving our mission - different from the traditional charity approach of giving away goods and services for free.
Our team works tirelessly to put the last mile first. Our culture shapes the way we work. We value action, we get things done, we are open and transparent in everything we do, and we always look for ways to innovate. We come to work with a smile, which is easy when a strict no jerks policy applies.
The Digital Content Producer will be responsible for sourcing and producing highly engaging content for largely digital channels. We are looking for a personable, analytical, collaborative and creative person that works well cross-departmentally to write engaging, data-centric and insightful content, including press releases, impact stories, project updates, and service or campaign messaging, in line with Kopernik’s strategic communication plans.
- Qualification in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience producing content for marketing, advocacy or communications campaigns.
- Ability to write a range of content that effectively promotes the work and services of Kopernik for different audiences and with differing call to actions.
- Ability to continually develop, pitch and execute fresh and relevant content ideas in alignment with communications objectives and plans.
- Highly developed written communication skills - in both Indonesian and English - with a love for writing and language.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability - able to assess and determine key components or ideas that make compelling content.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and engage colleagues and external partners in content production.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently when needed and to tight deadlines.
- An understanding of digital content production best practices and the tactics that build increased audience bases.
- Willingness to travel to project sites or attend events, capturing compelling stories, still images and video footage, as required.
- A strong interest in staying up-to-date with the latest conversations, trends and practices in international development.
- A commitment to Kopernik’s values in reaching underserved communities.
Content Gathering and Writing
- Gather and craft channel-appropriate and compelling content about Kopernik’s projects and messages for communications channels - focusing largely on website, medium and newsletter content (English and Indonesian), including press releases, project updates, blogs and impact stories.
- Engage other departments in content generation, spending time to source, assess, and craft content appropriate for external communication.
- Write and pitch articles and opinion pieces to external publications to widen Kopernik’s reach within the development sector.
- Write and maintain relevant key messaging for products, services and campaigns, as required.
- Write and/or oversee the creation of content for social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Travel to project sites or to events to gather content, and write relevant follow up articles, stories, releases etc.
Strategy, Planning and Innovation
- Work closely with the Digital Outreach Officer to ensure that the content calendar for all digital channels is well-supported, planned in advance and meets communications objectives.
- Constantly monitor international development sector publications to ensure that planned content aligns with current topics and trends.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and evaluation, and improvement of communications strategies and plans, alongside Communication Team members.
- Actively look for new opportunities to profile Kopernik’s work and expand our audience.
- Actively develop and implement new strategies and ideas for engaging targeted audiences and meeting communications team objectives.
Only Candidate who send CV, cover letter and one minutes video explaining why they are perfect for the job via our website will be considered. Please visit our website: https://kopernik.