Project Overview and Role
AIP-Rural is an Australian government funded program with four projects: PRISMA (agricultural development), TIRTA (irrigation), SAFIRA (value chain finance) and ARISA (applied agriculture research). It follows a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach, and will contribute to a 30%, or more, increase in net incomes for 300,000 smallholder farming households by December 2018.
AIP-Rural is looking for a dynamic and experienced Contract and Procurement Assistant to manage some of the day-to-day operations on this complex and exciting program. This is an opportunity to enter the development sector in a senior role, and apply your skills to making a difference in the lives of others.
Why Should You Apply?
· Competitive salary and benefits.
· Rare opportunity to work in a role on an Australian government funded program.
· Great opportunity to further your knowledge and experience in M4P, operations and finance on a donor funded program.
Applications close on Tuesday 08 August 2017. Please apply via this link.
The position is open to Indonesian nationals only and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Under the supervision of the Contract & Procurement Officer, the Contract & Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the contract and procurement unit.
Specifically, this person will be expected to:
- Assist the Procurement Officer in processing Activity and Purchase Requests from program team, including the issuing of Purchase Orders with all supporting documentation.
- Receive and check vendor invoices for basic compliance.
- Seek approval from task leaders for the payment of invoices which have been verified and corrected by one of the officers in the Procurement Unit.
- Scan and record approved invoices with all supporting documents and archive to relevant folders.
- Process invoices through the finance database (MS GP).
- Submit and register approved invoices to finance for payment.
- Receive goods from suppliers and confirm with the requestor to ensure the conformity of good are as specified.
- Assist in the management of filing and archiving in the contract and procurement unit.
- Liaise with the requestor (program staffs) to follow up on any unclear or in-completed requests.
- Perform other supporting tasks as reasonably required by the Contract & Procurement Officer.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proactive, and able to structure things logically
- Comfortable working with IT systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Able to plan and manage schedules, files/database while keeping confidentiality of documents and information.
- Able to prioritize and work effectively under pressure
- Good time management skills
- Bachelor holder with at least 2 years of experience in contract and procurement