Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non‐governmental organization whose mission is to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Established in 1915, HKI maintains its Headquarters in New York City, with Regional Offices in Senegal and Phnom Penh to support 22 country offices in Africa and Asia.
Since the 1970s, HKI‐Indonesia has been working to establish sustainable evidence‐based approaches to enhance health and nutrition, improve education for the disabled, and expand access to eye health services for Indonesians, particularly women and children. HKI-Indonesia’s programs are integrated at all levels of the government health and education structures by helping to develop its human resources and infrastructure, conduct needs assessments, analyze local context to inform program design and implementation, train personnel, provide basic equipment and medicines, deliver services if needed, and monitor program progress and evaluate program impact.
We are currently seeking a HR and Administration Assistant who will be responsible to maintain human resources administrative records and compliance within the organization and supporting on other key administrative and operational activities.
Based in: Jakarta
Reports to: Senior Operations Coordinator
Under guidance and supervision of Sr. Operations Coordinator, the HR and Administration Assistant provides support for HKI-Indonesia’s operations as they support our three technical areas in nutrition, eye health, and education for children with disabilities. In addition, the HR and Administration assistant will support the implementation on all HR issues for the Jakarta office and field offices in other cities, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of HR administration.
· Support Sr. Operations Coordinator, but not limited to: preparing vacancy announcement, arranging interview schedule, reference check and other that may require.
· Prepare employment contract.
· Maintain a HR database to ensure that all employee-related information is managed and processed appropriately and confidential.
· Liaise with Health Insurance Company on staffs health insurance claims;
· Liaise with Manpower office for registration of appropriate documents;
· Administration of leave application, leave balance and maintain record on staff attendance.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
· Provide support to operations teams;
· Ensure the appropriate management of all important communications to external partners and other HKI offices worldwide;
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in a relevant field including management, administration, social sciences, or business;
- Minimum three years of experience in human resources;
- Experience working with nongovernmental organizations is an asset;
- Capacity to be self-reliant, results oriented, and manage multiple deadlines;
- Have knowledge with the legal components of Indonesian Labor Law;
- Proactive and collaborative; a team player who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives;
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality for internal documents;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills in Bahasa Indonesian;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English;
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing; and
- Ability to travel domestically on short notice.