IDLO VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Program Coordinator-Rule of Law Program
Category: Locally Recruited
Type of contract: Special Service Contract - Fixed Term (1 year, renewable)
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website: http://www.idlo.int/jobs and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF), resume and cover letter.
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. To learn more about IDLO, please visit our website www.idlo.int or follow us on Twitter @IDLO.
IDLO RULE OF LAW PROGRAM INDONESIA
In November 2014, IDLO was selected by the Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands to manage a substantial part of the rule of law program. IDLO is in charge of ensuring the coherent and efficient management of the Indonesia-Netherlands Rule of Law Fund (“RoL Fund”), in alignment with the Indonesian National Long-Term Development Plan (RPJPN) 2005-2025. IDLO’s main responsibilities are the identification, implementation and monitoring of activities supported by the Fund, while facilitating and strengthening collaboration among Dutch and Indonesian institutions working on rule of law
initiatives. The primary objective of the RoL Fund is to support the development of effective, accountable and inclusive justice sector institutions, and ensuring equal access to justice in Indonesia.
IDLO is seeking a Program Coordinator for its Rule of Law Program in Indonesia. Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, Rule of Law Program, and in close coordination with the Program Associate the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following main duties:
▪ Manage a selection of projects under IDLO’s Indonesia Rule of Law Fund’s portfolio;
▪ In close coordination with the Program Manager, conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of program activities, in line with approved project documents and in accordance with IDLO Rules and Regulations and/or donor requirements;
▪ Provide expert advice and guidance to the implementation of targeted activities to enhance communication and collaboration between law and justice stakeholders and grantees in Indonesia and the ASEAN Region;
▪ Coordinate and liaise regularly on project activities and implementation with relevant national and international institutions;
▪ Develop, maintain, and intensify contacts with Government institutions and authorities, NGOs, civil society organizations, resource persons and the media regarding ROL activities;
▪ Support the preparation, finalization, adoption, and implementation of policies/strategies on ROL program;
▪ Assist and contribute in preparing relevant program reports;
▪ Perform other related duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education, Work Experience and Languages
▪ Minimum of a university degree in: law/business development/business management/ social sciences or a related field. A post graduate degree in relevant field is preferred.
▪ Minimum of 5-6 years of experience of combined legal and program management experiences, preferably in Indonesia. Additional work experience in the ASEAN region will be advantageous.
▪ Demonstrated professional experience in management of funds in an international setting (UN, IGO, international NGO) including grants. Experience in rule of law programs is essential.
▪ Fluent oral and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
Specific knowledge, skills and competencies
▪ Proven project-management skills covering all stages of a project cycle including design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and budgeting;
▪ Self-motivated, hands-on and solution oriented professional; able to function effectively in a
▪ rapidly changing and dynamic work environment;
▪ Experience in working with an international/
interdisciplinary team; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally
▪ Competency with financial data systems and spreadsheet processes;
▪ Strong attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
▪ Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication techniques;
▪ Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT software and internet software;
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Keen sense of ethics, integrity and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The successful candidate will be contracted for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension based on satisfactory performance and funding availability. The Program Coordinator will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. IDLO offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package in terms of salary, medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave. Candidates must be Indonesian national or possess a valid work permit.
HOW TO APPLY
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply via our website: http://www.idlo.int/
jobs and submit the completed IDLO Personal History Form (PHF),
resume and cover letter.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.The Director - General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 20 July 2017 (23:59hrs Rome time)