Scope of Work
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The Field Coordinator contributes to the achievement of APIK objectives at the local level by assisting in the development of regional-level workplan, coordinating regional-level activities, ensuring strong communications with the APIK regional office and technical specialists, and generally building trust between APIK and local stakeholders. S/he works side by side with APIK partners on a daily basis and represents the front line of the Project.
Responsibilities of the Field Coordinator include, but are not be limited to, the following:
· Working under the direction and guidance of the Regional Manager and technical specialists, substantially assisting in the development and implementation of Regional-level workplans.
· Developing in-depth knowledge and understanding of local-level issues, programs and resources related to Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and Disaster Risks Reduction (DRR), including the activities of local government agencies, private sector businesses, NGOs and community groups, other development programs, etc.
· Closely monitoring APIK activities at the local level and keep APIK regional staff well-informed of the status of local-level activities, problems encountered, etc., and actively soliciting the support of such staff as needs arise.
· Developing or assisting in the development of specific APIK activities to be undertaken at the local level (including needs identification, assessments, site selection, etc.).
· Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key local partners (local government agencies, technical units of ministries/UPT, PDAM, Secretariat/Pokja RAD-GRK or other existing working group, local NGOs, local community groups, local university), ensuring that APIK is well-informed and well-regarded as a credible and effective development partner.
· Overseeing local level data collection required for appropriate monitoring of APIK activities and the tracking of results and outcomes.
· Producing regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) on project implementation at the local level, highlighting results/outcomes, programmatic successes, problems encountered and possible solutions.
· Working with technical specialists to periodically develop success stories and lessons learnt that may take the form of presentation, articles, and contributions to project newsletters as well as undertaking special projects, e.g. conferences and workshops.
· Conducting other tasks as required and which are consistent with the above.
1. Substantial contributions to regional-level workplan development.
2. Activity reports as required by the work at hand.
3. Regular and timely inputs to APIK workplans, bi-weekly reports, quarterly, and annual reports.
4. Occasional article or success story highlighting APIK achievement at the local level.
· Possess at least a university degree; preferably in environmental engineering/science, geology, geography, or social science.
· At least 3 years of experience working on institutional and/or community-based CCA and/or DRR program; preferably with working experience in Jazirah Leihitu of Kabupaten Maluku Tengah of Pulau Ambon.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in community facilitation, training, and organizing work.
· Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility as well as a team player with a range of people.
· Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work on evenings and weekend on occasion and to travel as and when required within the APIK Project area.
· Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
· Able to work in challenging areas (i.e. limited access to internet, remote locations, live-in with local communities, etc.).
· Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
· Women are encouraged to apply.
The Field Coordinator will be based in Jazirah Leihitu, Kabupaten Maluku Tengah – Maluku, and travel on an approximate monthly basis.
· The Field Coordinator reports directly to the Regional Manager and/or a relevant regional technical specialist.
7. Application Send
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_Recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications no later than 31 July 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “Field Coordinator – Maluku – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.