Yayasan Fondasi Hidup / FH Indonesia is an independent non-governmental organization based in Medan, North Sumatera and operates in North Sumatera Province and the Mentawai Islands, West Sumatera Province. FH Indonesia started working in Indonesia after the December 2004 tsunami killed 283,000 people. FH Indonesia worked with devastated communities to help them rebuild their lives and homes. In 2011, FH Indonesia began a long-term development work and currently we are working to address all forms of human poverty, visible and invisible through livelihood, education, and health sectors. Our purpose is a transformed community where children can thrive.
Based in Medan, North Sumatera (Job Code: LO-MDN)
The purpose of livelihood project of the FH Indonesia is improved income and food security status among the vulnerable households. The Livelihood Officer (LO) is expected to play a fundamental role in designing and implementing the livelihood strategy by providing the means to improve access to food and secure food production among the vulnerable households in FH Indonesia’s community locations. This position also serves in contextualization and training on livelihood tools, provides technical support and mentorship to program staff, and budget development.
- Design and implementation of livelihood strategy including contextualization and deliver training of the livelihood Toolkit and saving groups manual to the Community Development Facilitator (CDF).
- Support the overall program strategy and development, provide technical input and guidance to the Area Coordinator and CDF on potential interventions, stakeholder involvement, opportunities, and limitations.
- Build self-capacity with the FH Indonesia implementation model and livelihood toolkit for better understanding and alignment with the overall program strategy.
- Identification, outreach and relationship building with stakeholders critical to program objectives.
- Communicate closely with the program team, technical agencies, communities, and community leaders in planning and implementation of livelihood projects.
- Prepare concept note, ToR, budget, and break down the annual budget and plans into monthly implementation plans.
- Obtain, manage and monitor feedback from the communities and field team for use in strategy development and performance improvement; synthesize feedback for submission to the Program Manager and use in evaluation and reports.
- Ensure that project activity, and outputs are implemented in a timely manner including ensure the resources allocation from procurement to the distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
- Represent FH Indonesia in food security and livelihood sector meeting, attend training, and conduct study as assigned by the Program Manager.
- To carry out any additional task related to FH Indonesia program and operation as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in agriculture, community development, economy, business, marketing, or banking;
- Five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Vibrant personal and commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose;
- Ability to learn quickly, self-starter, continually improve, and solve problem;
- Ability to design and deliver assessment, focus group discussion, survey, and various training;
- Excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization and communities);
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems and / or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives;
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype, GoToMeeting and/or GoToWebinar;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes;
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time per year domestically and internationally;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical document and training manual, or government regulations;
- Good skills specifically in these following areas:
o Problem-solving abilities;
o Ability to cope under pressure;
o Mentoring skill;
o Strong communication skill and networking skills.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your CV until August 4th, 2017 at the latest with a JOB CODE on email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yayasan Fondasi Hidup