FAO Indonesia is currently looking for a high qualified candidate to fill in the post of Field Officer for Kampar District under the Project GCP/INS/303/GFF - Mainstreaming Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Use into Inland Fisheries Practices in Freshwater Ecosystems of High Conservation Value (IFish)”. Please refer to the below Term of Reference.
Field Officer for Cilacap District
The FAO project “Mainstreaming Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Use into Inland Fisheries Practices in Freshwater Ecosystems of High Conservation Value (IFish)” is a collaboration work with the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries to address the main threats to its inland aquatic biodiversity and to remove the main barriers to conservation and sustainable use of its inland waters. The project aims to to strengthen the management framework for sustainable use of inland aquatic biodiversity to increase the protection of high conservation-value freshwater ecosystems and their biodiversity in Indonesia. This is expected to increase the provision of ecosystem goods and services and enhance food security for local people dependent on inland fisheries for their livelihoods. The Project strategy is to combine mainstreaming of inland aquatic biodiversity into resource development and management policy, with demonstrations of conservation and sustainable use of inland aquatic biodiversity in critical habitats at five sites in Kalimantan, Java and Sumatra, and effective monitoring and assessment.
Under the operational supervision of the FAO Representative in Indonesia, the overall supervision of National Project Manager and under the general guidance of the Lead Technical Officer (RAP), the field officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Manage day to day programme and activities in his responsible area in collaboration with local fisheries office and relevant stakeholders
- Prepare quarterly workplans and ToR for field activities in his/her respective area
- The Field Facilitator provide and channel guidance to local governments and to local communities at demonstration sites.
- Facilitate capacity development to district activities of inland fisheries units in collaboration with the International and National technical consultant
- Provide training and awareness raising on the agreed workplan in collaboration with relevant technical consultant/expert
- Oversee the preparation of participatory land-use plans, and their implementation at Project demonstration sites
- Lead field-based M&E, together with local communities, of project environmental and socio-economic impacts
- Liaise regularly with district and provincial government as well as PMU and national government to ensure smooth implementation of the project
- Prepare progress reports and all monitoring reports for programme activities in his respective area
- Provide regular feedback and advance warning on conflicts, and assist with conflict resolution.
Education: University degree in fisheries/aquaculture management or in natural resources management.
- Demonstrated experience in inland fisheries management at various level particularly related to ikan sidat (eel) development
- Excellent communication skills, with district and provincial government, national and international experts and local communities
- Demonstrated ability to open up to new approaches and new practices on the relevant project implementation
- At least five years of experience in the Indonesian inland fisheries sector.
- Demonstrated commitment to participatory and bottom-up approaches
- Demonstrated ability to manage, including project management and office management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrating detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and the ability to understand and effectively use information and data.
- Working experience in international cooperation development projects will be advantages
- Experience of working for, or in cooperation with, government institutions and NGOs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in EnglishLanguages: Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa IndonesiaDuration and Commitment : Full time (September 2017 – August 2018) with possible extension depend on the performanceDuty Station: Cilacap DistrictHow to Apply :* Please submit your application Letter and CV in English by mentioning the post that you are applying for* Submit to : FAO-ID@fao.org* Deadline for submission is 25 August 2017* Only the qualified candidate will be proceed