The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter. We currently have an opening for:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
The Community Development Coordinator plays a key role in implementing the management of HCV area and generate results like maintaining the stability, integrity, and security of the HCV area; protection of biodiversity and ecosystem services of the HCV area and surrounding landscape through a landscape-based management system; presence of a management institution of the HCV area that accommodates the interests of the stakeholders and especially the local community; integrated management of the HCV area in the management of the wider landscape and building synergy and cooperation between the partner and key stakeholders in the management of the wider landscape; and increased participation and empowerment of communities in managing and utilizing sources of livelihood and ecosystem services in a sustainable manner.
This includes following functions:
- Implement sustainable management approach and integrate the management of this area into a wider area management (using landscape-based management approach);
- Establish a management institution, including to ensure legality of the management institution, to manage the HCV area;
- Work closely with the partner to strengthen local community institutions in managing their natural resources (including to mentor and develop capacity of community in managing the HCV area) and improve community livelihood (including the development of community enterprises) by means applying SIGAP approach;
- Develop a multi-stakeholder forum to oversee the management of the HCV area, as necessary;
- Work closely with and mentor the partner on the management of HCV area and community engagement, as necessary;
- Develop and maintain close partnership with key stakeholders (such as relevant community, government officials of relevant villages, sub-districts, and district government agencies, private sectors, and NGOs) to support smooth implementation of the partnership, including to hold regular dialogues with these key stakeholders to inform, update, and consult on progress of the partnership;
- Involve in community development works in West Kalimantan, as necessary.
The Community Development Coordinator reports to the Partnership Manager and is based in Ketapang District, West Kalimantan.
- BA/BS degree in biology, ecology, natural resources management and 5 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of land management conservation practice and conservation science.
- Ability to explain conservation practices to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in conservation, land management, and natural resource preservation.
- Completing tasks independently with respect to timeline(s).
- Excellent communication skills via written, spoken and graphical means in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Entrepreneur mindset.
- Experience working in West Kalimantan
Please send your CV and application letter to email@example.com, not later than August 21, 2017. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line. Visit www.nature.or.id to learn more about The Nature Conservancy Indonesia Program.