DMInnovation is an Australian Government Project in Indonesia, supporting science and technology for disaster management. Since 2008, the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has partnered with Geoscience Australia to provide development assistance in the area of disaster management in Jakarta invite applications from eligible candidates for the following position:
Disaster Management Specialist
Date of Issue: 5 August 2017
Date of Closing: 18 August 2017 at 24:00
Duty Station: Jakarta Office
Contract Type: Temporary Contract
Duration: 9 months
Position is open for Indonesian nationals
Disaster Management Specialist
The DMInnovation spatial team, under the leadership of the Geoscience Australia Spatial Data Analyst, are responsible for the delivery of two sub programs :
- Ensuring the use of exposure information and disaster management tools are embedded in disaster management practice in Indonesia
- Enhancing the ability of Indonesia to prepare and respond to disaster through InaSAFE.
Job duties and responsibilities
The Disaster Management Specialist will contribute to the ongoing refinement and implementation of the sustainable disaster management technology solutions through the InaSAFE tool kit (OpenStreetMap, QGIS and InaSAFE); including the usability of the tools, training materials and their implementation in the field. The Disaster Management Specialist will assist the DMInnovation program, by taking a leading role in ensuring that the InaSAFE tool kit is embedded in disaster management practice in Indonesia.
- Support DMInnovation to refine, implement and embed the InaSAFE tool kit in Indonesia as an open source disaster management solution
- Liaise with BNPB on knowledge transfer and the implementation of training guidelines and modules
- Maintain networks with disaster management stakeholders in Indonesia and report on disaster management and disaster risk reduction activities
- Work closely with other DMInnovation and BNPB staff where appropriate.
- Other activities as directed.
- The Disaster Management Specialist will be expected to undertake other duties as directed. Travel outside of Jakarta may be required in order to work with stakeholders, promote the program or to deliver training.
Periodic of Assignment
The position is a contract offered for a fixed period until the end of June 2018, and will be subject to regular performance monitoring. Anticipated start date is September 2017
Position Requirements :
- At least 5 years experience in the Disaster Risk Reduction/Disaster Management sector.
- Demonstrated networks with donor, INGO and NGO stakeholders in Indonesia.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Indonesian and international Disaster Risk Reduction context.
- Experience with natural hazard impact analysis and Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience in community development in Indonesia and a demonstrated understanding of community-based disaster management principles.
- Experience delivering technical training and facilitating stakeholder engagement workshops.
- A good understanding of national and international policies, regulations, and procedure in Disaster Management including cross cutting issues such as gender, child protection.
- A good understanding of accountability and project/program management.
- Strong communication skills including fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Demonstrated experience working with Indonesian Government.
- Willingness to work hard and possess a high level of professional integrity
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae and listing 3 referees, and the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages) to (email) email@example.com
Please indicate on the subject heading: Disaster Management Specialist