POSITION TITLE: Information and Communications Technology for Development (ICT4D Officer)
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
• Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
• Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
• Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
• Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
• Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
• Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
- The Information and Communications Technology for Development (ICT4D) Officer works with the ICT4D Advisor to provide technical assistance to the project in all areas related to ICT4D, including supporting the implementation of the LINKAGES ICT4D strategy in Papua.
- The ICT4D Officer will provide direct technical support to provincial and district AIDS Commissions (PAC/DAC), provincial and district health offices (PHO/DHO), and religious institutions in Papua to enable them to improve their use of ICT. This will include developing a systems-level strategy together with these partners that can be implemented at the district level, as well as ICT4D-related trainings, one-on-one technical support, material development, and other related support.
- In addition, the ICT4D Officer, under direct supervision by ICT4D Advisor, with input from the capacity development officer and partner engagement officer in Papua will also build the capacity of relevant government agencies and health facilities in the ICT4D area, where relevant. Some of the focus areas include use of ICT for outreach reporting, performance tracking, patient tracking, appointments, reminders, and strengthening capacity to use SIHA to reduce data gaps.
- This position will contribute to the training of civil society and PHO/DHO, PAC/DAC partners in public and private settings to use state-of-the-art virtual tools to reach key populations more effectively and link them to discrimination and stigma-free service provision.
- The ICT4D Officer will stay up to date on the latest approaches and tools in the use of digital technologies for key population outreach and service provision, including reviewing effective methodologies and materials from around the globe to ensure high quality standards are followed.
- The ICT4D Officer will also provide support to the implementation of a digital system that will enable LINKAGES to more effectively administer its technical assistance to partners. Partners should be able to easily submit requests, and LINKAGES staff should have a system in place that enables them to easily triage and respond to those requests. This system should also enable LINKAGES staff to track the progress of TA in near real-time and enable quick reporting and analysis.
- The ICT4D Officer will be responsible for maintaining all software/application/mobile apps that have been produced and launched by LINKAGES and/or LINKAGES partners in Papua, including involvement in new software/application development.
- The position will be based in either Jayapura or Jayawijaya in Papua province and open for Indonesian national candidates only.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ü Provides technical assistance to achieve LINKAGES programmatic goals, with a strong focus on the use of mobile, digital and web-based tools and approaches.
ü Assists Government of Indonesia (GOI) especially at province and district level (PHO, DHO, PAC and DAC), civil society organizations and LINKAGES staff members and other partners in Indonesia in the training of key population community representatives, peer outreach and others in the use of digital tools, platforms and metrics/analytical techniques to extend the reach and effectiveness of in-person outreach and referral.
ü Provides technical assistance to maintained all of software/application, including mobile app that have been released by LINKAGES and or LINKAGES partners.
ü Assists to develop an application/software for online survey tools using familiar open source platform (for example, Open Data Kit or ODK).
ü Assists to identify barriers to the uptake of HIV service for key population groups and ways to address those barriers using mobile, digital and web-based tools working with civil society, private businesses and government.
ü Works collaboratively with other HIV projects in Papua (ex. Global Fund Principal Recipients), civil society organizations and the entire LINKAGES team in Indonesia and ensures strong coordination among team partners on the implementation of technical activities.
ü Contributes to the achievement of high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
ü Contributes to program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
ü Contributes to work plan activities; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation including assisting in the provision of technical assistance to each grant partner for the provision of high quality services; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
ü Contributes to the development of TOR, technical management of activities for implementing work plan to ensure that activity timeframes and budgets are met and products are reviewed and finalized.
ü Reports regularly to LINKAGES ICT4D Advisor on progress and status of ICT implementation in Papua and or LINKAGES activities in Indonesia.
ü Proven skills in the development and application of eHealth/mHealth, survey and other digital tools and approaches for the implementation and measurement of HIV prevention, care, and treatment projects for FSW, PWID, MSM, and TG in Papua or other provinces in Indonesia.
ü Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
ü Proven skills in software/application/tools development using open source platforms, including ODK
ü Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Indonesia.
ü Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
ü Experience working with civil society organizations to plan and implement ICT4D strategies.
ü Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
ü Experience identifying, designing and brokering public-private partnerships, especially in the technology field.
ü Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
ü Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
ü Bachelor in Computer Science, Engineering, Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) or related field.
ü At least 5 years of experience working in ICT4D, with at least some experience specific to eHealth/mHealth.
ü Experience with ICT hardware, mobile phones and web-based technologies in Indonesia, particularly designing or deploying tools appropriate to both areas with high access to mobile networks and the internet, as well as in low-bandwidth or sub-standard infrastructure environments.
ü Experience with open source, mobile and emerging technology, particularly as applied to public health is extremely desirable.
ü Experience using Open Data Kit to create mobile-based surveys and manage data aggregation.
ü At least 3 years of demonstrated excellence in a senior level technical Officer and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups.
ü Experience developing and delivering presentations, workshops and trainings to multiple types of audiences.
ü Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
Interested candidate please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with position title as the subject by 25th August 2017 COB.