The foundation Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung designs and manages sustainable agricultural development projects worldwide. With over twenty years of experience in project design, implementation and management, the foundation contributes to improving the living conditions of smallholder coffee and cocoa farmers through a business approach to sustainable development.
Financed by private and public donors, HRNS has started implementing 2
projects to promote sustainable smallholder Robusta coffee production in
OKU Selatan, Southern Sumatra. These projects aim to create a long term
viable living for Robusta farmers by capacity building and facilitating
access to technology, agri-input and financial services.
The program includes farmer training on good agricultural practices,
product quality, marketing, and farmer organizational development. In
the second phase of the program topics such as access to finance, gender
mainstreaming, coffee & climate, integrated farm management and
biodiversity become more important. These components will be integrated
where possible and have to contribute to the overall goal of empowering
the farmers in these communities.
The project is looking for an Organizational Development Coordinator who
will be based in South Sumatra Province, in charge of the following
- To map and assess the current structure of Kelompoktani and
Gapoktan/ KPB (e.g. governance, legal mandates, service provision to the
members,…) and recommend a suitable legal structure to establish
business oriented farmer organizations.
- To design Training of Trainer (ToT) and Farmer Field School
(FFS) manuals and programs (content and implementation plans) on
organizational development topics i.e. establishment of farmer
organizations, their governance and management, business strategy, etc.
- To train field officers, extension officers and representatives
of farmer groups and second tier organizations on Good Organizational
and Management Practices.
- To support interested farmers/farmer groups to establish and
professionalize their own first and second tier farmer organizations.
- To participate in and moderate on a regular basis farmer group
meetings in order to strengthen the farmer organizations in their daily
- To liaise the farmer organization with reliable business
partners (e.g. input suppliers, financial institutions, product
off-takers,…) and facilitate negotiation between the farmer organization
and those partners.
- To design and implement a farmer group saving and credit scheme.
- To be the main contact person for the farmer organization (FO) director board and assist where required.
- To report weekly to the Project Manager.
Duration of Assignment
Definite contract until end of 2019 with option for prolongation. Starting date as soon as possible.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in organizational development and community empowerment.
- Indonesian candidate with a university degree in Social, Agribussiness, Management or related subjects.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Project).
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written); concise reporting skills.
- Self initiative and communication skills; accustomed and willing to work under pressure.
- Willingness to live and work in remote, rural areas.
- Integrity and Accountability, Commitment, Thrive for Excellence and Respect
Salary: Negotiable, including option to relocate family
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including CV, motivation letter and salary expectation before 15.08.2017; only short listed candidates will be contacted.