YouthWin through Economic Participation
Job Title: Marketing and Communication Manager
The YouthWin through Economic Participation (YEP) program is a USAID-funded activity under the USAID Kunci Initiative aimed at workforce development for poor and vulnerable youth in Indonesia. The YEP activity will create systemic change in how, where, and what economic skills are taught to empower poor and vulnerable youth in Indonesia. By teaching foundational economic skills to poor and vulnerable youth in Indonesia, YEP will facilitate increased employment, better performance in the workplace, and greater inclusion in the economy and financial system.
Financial Markets International (FMI), an American consulting firm, in partnership with the International Youth Foundation (IYF), an INGO; the Otoritas Jasa Keuangan (OJK), Indonesia’s Securities Regulator; and various other partners will implement this program for USAID.
The YEP activity has three overall objectives: 1) create an innovative blend of market
relevant content and pedagogy that bridges the most common gaps to economic participation for poor and vulnerable youth; 2) develop effective training delivery channels across technical and vocational educational institutions to prepare poor and vulnerable youth for work in any chosen path; and 3) build cross-sector stakeholder buy into establish sustainable economic education of youth and “scale-up” at the district, provincial, and national level.
Under the supervision of Chief of Party, the Marketing and Communication and will perform the following tasks:
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for a Project Communication and knowledge management strategy.
- Ensure the “USAID KUNCI YEP assistance story” from partner institutions is captured, developed, edited, and distributed in a timely manner through effective existing channels as well as developing other creative solutions for enhancing shared learning.
- Ensure all USAID KUNCI YEP materials, publications, and events are correctly branded and marked as well as produced in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. Work with the USAID Mission, for branding and marking approvals and other communications guidelines.
- Create and update project materials and templates (i.e. project fact sheets, a contacts database, PowerPoint Presentations, etc.) ensuring USAID approvals are in place and information is accurate and clear.
- Supervise all activities outreach and communication efforts for YEP, including marketing the new curriculum to other training/educational institutions.
- Research, interview, write, edit, proofread and distribute content for electronic and print communication
- Produce regular “stories of change” reflecting the impact of the YEP Project on its direct and indirect beneficiaries
- Coordinate and participate in the set up and preparation of all YEP and USAID KUNCI sponsored events
- Liaise with local stakeholder and partner agencies to ensure that the objectives and outcomes of the YEP Project are effectively communicate and shared amongst key stakeholders.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party that are within his/her area of expertise and that are relevant to the assignment
Job Requirements Qualifications and Experience
- A qualified degree in communications (communications, marketing, or public relations)
- At least 3 years in a similar marketing or communications position. Experience working with USAID project is a desirable.
- Good command of both written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English, good writing and/or editing skills is an advantage.
- Proven ability work as a team player in diverse teams and to maintain a good balance between initiating activities and consulting, coordinating and liaising with stakeholders and other concerned parties;
- Good knowledge of the communications channels such as traditional media, social media, website and/or other digital media
- Demonstrated strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to prioritize assignments
- Good computing skills, at least in MS Office and practical knowledge in graphic design and image
Please submit your cover letter along with updated curriculum vitae, expected salary, sample of two your written articles and two professional references to: rolly.damayanti@
not later than August 31th, 2017.
No correspondence, only short-listed candidates will be notified.FMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FMI is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. FMI will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.