The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has a record of more than 20 years of involvement in the area of climate policy in Indonesia.
GIZ in cooperation with the Direktorat Jenderal Pengendalian Perubahan Iklim (DGCC) of KLHK is currently implementing “Strengthening Climate Governance of Indonesia for Implementing the Paris Agreement” (climate governance) project. The objective is to strengthen the climate change-relevant institutions of the Government of Indonesia in their climate governance capacities and supporting the further development of core elements of the Indonesian climate policy in order to prepare for a successful implementation of the Paris Agreement..
Working towards this aim, the project shall be implemented over approximately 3,5 years clustered into four work areas. Those are:
- Strengthening strategic capacity of key actors at national level (KLHK/DGCC and BAPPENAS)
- Strengthening inter-ministerial coordination
- Support effective societal consultation and strengthening of Non-Party-Stakeholders
- Support international exchange and communication (Externalization)
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one position of
Finance & Controlling Professional
The Incumbent is responsible for
- Controlling of the Climate Governance project and the global projects in the BMU Cluster
- Financial Management of the Climate Governance project and the global projects in the BMU Cluster
- Supporting the cluster coordinator in controlling of the cluster
- Based on requests provide cost analysis and recommendations on cost sharing approaches for projects
- Ensure correct cost allocation of shared costs between the projects
- Ensure the compliance with rules of funding agencies, especially for the EU funded global project
- Provide financial reporting (BAST) to the partner organizations in close coordination with the office managers
- Act as a focal point for administrative matters and questions towards the partner organization
- Support and give guidance on asset management according to regulations of the partner organization
2. Financial Management of the projects
- Financial Management of the project (cash management, ensuring proper documentation of processes)
- Monitors and follows up the third-party receivables of the projects.
- Budget planning and expenditure planning of the projects
- Advising the officers responsible for the commissions in regard to budget planning and steering of activities
- Handling project petty cash/cashbook
3. Tasks BMU Cluster
- Providing overview of controlling aspects (yearly spending, overall budget, cost structure) to the cluster coordinator in close coordination with other Financial Officers and Financial Managers.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Responsible for filing in accordance with GIZ rules for the related working area.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor/B.S. or Masters/MSc in business administration, Finance Management of in relevant field
- At least 5 years’ professional experience
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office); Previous experience using SAP and WINPACCS desirable.
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English; German knowledge would be an advantage
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management..
- Experience in events preparation, coordination and organization
- Experience in Communication work
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: DV for BMU Global and Regional Projects
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including latest photograph and list of references) to email@example.com by December 31th, 2018 with subject line Climate Governance – FCP.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified