Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Communication Officer
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to : Regional DirectorDuration : 1 (one) year
The Communication Officer work together with partner organisations, programme and project officers at a regional and local level and with the communication specialist, communication officers and www.hivos.org web managing editor at Hivos’ global office in The Hague. The Communications Officer ensure that all communication activities are aligned with Hivos’s corporate communication strategy, values, identity, standards and formats
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assess communication needs of Hivos Southeast Asia for developing communications objectives and plan.
- To design, develop, implement and evaluate the overall communication and public relations strategy for selected projects, appropriate to target audiences and the message being conveyed.
- To develop strategic outreach for the communications materials.
- To stimulate Hivos domains (Open and Green) to publish articles on Hivos’ works.
- To lead in documenting and publishing in creative ways Hivos’s works (e.g. through photos/ art/ pictures).
- To write reports and prepare documentation that is accessible (in English, support translation into Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa).
- To share and explore best practices within Southeast Asia domains (Open and Green) and share it with other regional offices/Global Office.
- To respond and maintain regular contact with the Hivos Global Office, especially the communication team.
- To support communication program needs by Southeast Asia domains and projects.
- To develop and deliver all public relations and communication materials, ensuring quality of content, production and delivery, including preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs as well as the management of South East Asia and Iconic Island websites (development and content management) and social media accounts.
- To compile and organize news material (information and photographs) to be exposed in the web, newsletter, social media and other media.
- To be responsible for knowledge management by writing, documenting and disseminating know-how, experience (highlighting success stories, good practices and lessons learned) and information through various communication channels.
- To manage good relationship with the media for story coverage (print, radio, TV), writing press releases and news updates for the media, pitch for media partners in programs, develop media report on PR/media value on program as part of donor report and mobilization of journalists for site visit.
- To manage regional office website and regional social media accounts up to date with task as follow : Write/create region-specific content; Manage South East Asia social media accounts; Site maintenance; Act as contact person for managing editor of hivos.org and GO Communication Officers.
- Provide visual content (photos, graphics a/o videos) for regional content and social media.
- Work with communications officers and SCI colleagues at Global office, when requested.
- Keep abreast of and implement Hivos communications guidelines.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Affinity for Hivos’ vision and mission and are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
- Knowledge of and experience in the field of international development cooperation and excellent skills in the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Know how to reach target groups through innovative and conventional media.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- 5 years of working experience, in particular with corporate and campaigning, communication, copywriting for another similar website and use of social media.
- Strong communicator in both English and Bahasa.
- Innovative and flexible and able to work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and international partners
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, excellent knowledge of corporate communication and branding, experience with content management systems, and preferably with image editing.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Communication Officer graded in Grade: 9-10 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade)
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28 December 2018.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (Comm Officer – SEA) in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.