______________________________ ______________________________ __________
Position Title: Program Assistant
Primary Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Position Status: Service Contract
______________________________ ______________________________ ___________
FEED Mobile Program
The FEED Mobile Program is a program that aims to enable 5,000 smallholder farmers, at least half of them female, to increase their financial and digital literacy in order to access highly scalable mobile tools which will help them improve the productivity of their farms and success of their agribusinesses, ultimately lifting them out of poverty. The FEED Program will develop and deliver a set of financial and digital (i.e. use of digital devices and channels) literacy training modules for targeted smallholder farmers across four key value chains – rice, corn, potato, and chili – with a focus in Indramayu sub-district, West Java Province, where there are the highest concentrations of smallholder farmers and the rural poor. Three modules will be delivered to the training participants – agricultural information, payment services, and financial literacy – using a combination of digital devices, digital channels, and traditional classroom training.
The specific objectives of the project are:
1. Develop, adapt and pilot five digital training modules in financial and digital literacy, as well as agribusiness development;
2. Build a cohort of 10 - 20 financial literacy champions, to utilize the modules to teach financial literacy
3. Deliver training modules to 5,000 farmers across a range of digital and classroom channels, closely tracking farmer utility
4. Build partnership with local newspapers to publish features to cover the developments of the Program activities and/or success stories of its beneficiaries.
5. Measure the impacts of training interventions
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The program Assistant will collect, organize and manage all program activities documentation, meeting minutes, reports and administrative tasks of FEED Mobile program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
1. Compile and arrange the documents of FEED Mobile program (Filling).
2. Work closely with the program manager in the process of monitor and tracking the program budget (including tracking of monthly projection and tracking of partner’s monthly payments by collecting invoices and disburse payments), producing reports, and other program documents that will be produced and disseminate to the partners.
3. Support the program team in managing all logistics for program-related meeting, training courses, media campaign, exhibitions, including identifying venues for training and accomodation, completing all bidding requirements, arranging necessary transportation, preparing training materials, arranging snacks and meals and communicating with participants, managing service contracts and material administration.
4. Maintain the program filing and documentation system, including maps, photos documentation/ management and media monitoring files, in coordination with the Program Manager/ M&E Coordinator/ Program Officer.
5. Maintain records of all contracts and sub-grant agreements.
6. On an as-needed basis, translate documents or provide oral transitions from Bahasa Indonesia to English and vice versa for Mercy Corps staff and visitors.
7. Support the program team in handling and follow up the procurement needs, according to procurement guidelines.
8. Prepare Media Campaign documents as needed, in Coordination with Communications Team.
9. Assist field staff, guests and consultants in all administrative matters such as vehicle use, accomodations, and other administrative matters, in coordination with the Operations Team.
10. Establish cooperative working relationship with all Administrative staff so that positions complement each other and lead to greater office efficiency.
11. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardize Mercy Corps humanitarian efforts.
12. Assist in any other task or duty assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: FEED Mobile Program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program team, communications team, operations team and finance team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
At least 2 years of experience is required. Administrative/ secretarial experience is a plus. The candidate must have strong communication skill, document/ report writing, very good understanding and skills of English speaking and writing, as well as Bahasa Indonesia and accounting background. S/he should have pleasant personality, organized, efficient, proactive, flexible and able to wotk under pressure and with short deadlines when required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer programme is a must.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a well-developed ability to plan, and organize task creatively, as well as the ability to communicate with colleagues. A successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members. The ideal candidate will have a passion for financial literacy/ agriculture issues. S/he will be a team player with a positive attitude towards problem-solving, ability to wotk with other MC agriculture programs and have a good sense of humour. Ability to produce creative writing/ article is a plus.
January 5 – June 30 2015
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 2 January 2015.
Mercy Corps Indonesia