Currently we have immediate vacancy for high caliber Indonesians with high integrity to fill the following position:
Project Officer for Forestry Governance
The Partnership for Governance Reform in Indonesia is a multi-stakeholder association dedicated to support Indonesian initiatives aiming at supporting governance reform agenda. The Partnership works closely with national and international community to initiate, advocate, and promote sustainable governance reform in Indonesia.
The Partnership brings together the Indonesian Government, Legislature, Judiciary, Civil Society, and the Corporate Sector with the support of the International Community in initiating a long-term process to improve governance in Indonesia in a durable way which expresses Indonesian ownership.
Program and Organizational Context:
Kemitraan (Partnership for Governance Reform) through its Economic and Environmental Governance (EEG) cluster continues its Forest Governance Program (FGP) from 2011-2014. The title of the program that serves as the scope of the program is Deepening Governance Reform in the Forest Sector to Address Climate Change. The main modality of FGP program implementation will depend heavily on Provision of Technical Assistance and Funding Support to Address Causes of Deforestation and Increase Access to Forest Resources for Forest Dependent Communities and Indigenous Peoples in Indonesia.
Forest tenure, land conflict, unclear delineation of forest boundary and transparency issue in forests gazzetment are fundamental issues that underline the causes of deforestation and forest degradation in Indonesia. Kemitraan also participated actively in the debates of climate change mitigation and forest governance issues, including REDD+, and notably in promoting the community-based and decentralized based forest management and bureaucracy reform.
At national level, Kemitraan works closely with several government agencies and CSO partners, including Ministry of Forestry. Kemitraan signed an MoU with Ministry of Forestry to support Ministry of Forestry in improving good governance in the forestry sector, as one of the main component of FGP-2. The MoU covers 6 (six) main programs that implemented with related units within the Ministry such as: Ditgen BPDAS-PS, Ditgen Planology, Ditgen BUK, Ditgen PHKA, WGP (Ministry of Forestry Working Group on Community Empowerment) , and WG-PI (Ministry of Forestry Working Group on Climate Change).
Under the guidance and supervision of the Program Officer SEG, the Project Officer will responsible for managing implementation of Forest Governance Program phase 2. The Project Officer maintains relation with government agencies, CSO partners, Private sector, and other related partners in project implementation. The Program Officer will work closely with the related Ministry’s units, CSO partners, Program Officer SEG, Program Manager SEG, Project Assistant, and another SEG Team. The Project Officer also works in close collaboration with the other projects and programs, and other related units within Kemitraan in ensuring successful Kemitraan’s program implementation.
q Programmatic strategic direction and operation
1. Identify areas of program support and intervention according to his/her main tasks
2. Work with Program Manager, Program Officer, Program Assistant, and other FGP team to contribute to program related policy processes
3. Keep regular communications with the Program Manager and Program Officer to ensure strategic interventions and project implementation
4. Contribute and participate in resource mobilization effort for the program.
q Project design and formulation
1. Develop monthly work plan on his areas of responsibilities
2. Provide technical assistance to partners in developing project proposals or project plan
3. Coordination with other program team to address any relevant issues through a synchronization of activities/programs from the stage of project design, work plan and proposal development, management, monitoring and evaluation.
q Project management and implementation
1. Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the project and reporting to the Program Officer
2. Ensuring the achievement of project outcome and output
3. Provide technical assistance to partners and executing agencies in project management and implementation, including monitoring and evaluation
4. Asses, facilitate and provide recommendations on project proposals submitted by government agencies, NGOs, and other relevant partners on substantive and financial aspect based on the program priorities and Partnership’s SOP.
5. Identify and develop synthesis of best practices and lessons learned of the program.
q Coordination, Technical Assistance, and Networking
1. Maintain communication and coordination with partners and executing agencies, government agencies, and other related parties
2. Maintain strategic partnerships and networking with partners and executing agencies, government agencies and other related parties.
Corporate Responsibility & teamwork:
q Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of the Partnership
q Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time
q Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
q Sets clear performance goals and standards; executes responsibilities accordingly
Partnering & Networking:
q Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside the Partnership
q Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
q Demonstrates good facilitation skills
Job Knowledge & Expertise
q Executes day-to-day tasks systematically & efficiently
q Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource
Is motivated & demonstrates a capacity to pursue personal development & learn
Bachelors (S1) Degree in Forestry, Social Science or other related fields, having good knowledge regarding the current forestry policies; climate and REDD+ processes; clear commitment to governance reform; humble in character and patient in listening to stakeholders is a must
please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline : .
7 January 2015
Please DO NOT send your application letter to this Yahoo! email address.
To establish fair, democratic and sustainable governance for the welfare of Indonesian citizen.