Founded in 1979, ACF-International (Action Against Hunger) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts.
Currently, UNICEF and ACF is implementing a project on “Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) in Nusa Tenggara Timur”. ACF and UNICEF will work in partnership to provide technical assistance to improve the management of acute malnutrition in children aged less than five years in Kupang District in Nusa Tenggara Timur (NTT) Province.
This programme proposes is to integrate the CMAM approach into routine health service delivery in Indonesia and ensure it is linked with other essential health and nutrition services to prevent and treat both moderate and severe acute malnutrition and other forms of undernutrition.
In order to reach its goal, ACF Indonesia Mission is seeking qualified candidates for the position of CMAM Field Worker as part on the program team to be based in KUPANG, Nusa Tenggara Timur Province.
Initial Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Nutrition and Health Program Manager
Starting date: February 2016
Bachelor Degree or Health Care Professional Qualification
- University degree or professional qualification (equivalent to Bachelors, preferable major: Nurse or Midwife).
- Experience in implementing Nutrition program desirable.
- Good knowledge of Health and Nutrition (symptoms, causes, and treatment of malnutrition; nutrition value of food items; infant care practice, IYCF, etc)
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a diverse team, and within diverse cultural / religious contexts
- Sensitivity to and empathy with the community, especially regarding traditional and cultural beliefs, heath/nutrition practices, health seeking behaviour and gender issues.
- Good communication and facilitation and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel, work and stay in remote rural areas
- Proficiency with computer
Objective 1: Technical assistance to implement CMAM
- Technical assistance for the community health worker at social mobilization and screening at Posyandu and at the community
- Technical supervision and working with the health worker at OTP sites and complete all the documentation of SAM Children treated at OTP.
Objective 2: Collect information and data
- Ensure all screening data collection are available at OTP sites.
- Ensure admission patient form and follow up form are well recording and using for monitoring
- Report any problems and constraints at Posyandu/community level and at OTP sites
Objective 3: Monitoring of the program implementation
- Ensure all the data well documented and reporting for community screening (during community mobilization and during Posyandu day).
- Ensure all the SAM Children identified during screening already reconfirmed by the health worker and admitted at OTP sites.
- Ensure the periodic monitoring is well conducting based on the CMAM checklist guidance and protocol.
Objective 4: Monitoring of the Logistic matters
- Ensure the stock level of RUTF at OTP Sites: Puskesmas and Pustu.
- Technical assistance in stock management to the health worker at Puskesmas and Pustu.
- Periodically report the RUTF stock at OTP sites
Objective 5: Write reports
- Submit weekly reports for supervisor contains of OTP progress
- Submit monthly report for supervisor consists of: objective, analysis and results, planning, personal comment, summary of the weekly reports.
- Reports any problems or constraints faced during the implementation of the activities.
- Any information regarding security issue has to be immediately shared with supervisor.
Objective 6: Communication responsibilities
- Maintains a constructive collaboration with all ACF staffs (nationals and expatriates, from all departments) and all local partner’s staffs: Puskesmas, Pustu and DHO
- Gives regular feed-back to the supervisor (phone calls when his/her supervisor is not in the field)
- Maintain coordination with local health structure (Puskesmas; Pustu and DHO) as well as the community to ensure the quality of implementation and sustainability of project.
Objective 7: Representation of ACF program, in coordination with Nut PM
- Represents ACF program when necessary
- Informs the beneficiaries and the local people in general about ACF activities
- Meets other humanitarian actors in the field and exchange information about the context and the programs implemented
Please submit your Letter of Interest and recent CV with at least two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 29 January 2016
Please put the title CMAM Field Worker on your application. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
HUMAN RESOURCES UNIT
ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM | ACF-Indonesia
“For A World Free From Hunger And Malnutrition”
“All ACF member of ACF world wideare committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.