Terms of Reference
Finance Officer of Indonesia Country Coordinating Mechanism
Closing date: 25 January 2016 at 17.00 WIB
GFATM requires every recipient country to organize and maintain a Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), a nationally-representative, multi-sectoral body that (a) serves as the source of all proposals submitted to the GFATM and (b) conducts oversight on all active grants in the recipient country.
CCM Indonesia’s Secretariat is the administrative and support arm of the CCM; it is staffed by personnel hired by the CCM. CCM Secretariat staffs are paid by GFATM and the CCM’s development partners, or both. The CCM Secretariat is led by the Executive Secretary.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Executive Secretary the Finance Officer will be responsible for the financial management of the CCM, Technical Working Groups and Ad Hoc Teams to ensure that activities supported by the Global Fund in Indonesia are effectively and efficiently facilitated for grant implementation in the respective disease components.
S/he will be in charge of the budget and ensure all commitments and expenditures are recorded, followed through, and reported, and other means of verifications.
Contract period for the Finance Officer is one year based on the donor commitment to the CCM, with possible extension for another 1 year period, subject to the annual performance appraisal by the Executive Secretary and CCM Chair.
The Finance Officer will based in Jakarta, serves the CCM and support the Secretary Executive CCM to ensure financial plan are available and applicable, based on agreed standard unit cost and manage CCM finance in accountable and transparent procedures. The tasks of Finance Officer, as listed below, will be both administrative and technical and shall include assignments that are both sensitive and confidential in nature:
1. Effective and Accurate Financial Management for CCM Secretariat
· In coordination with the Secretary Executive, manage financial resources of the project, including management of the Work Plan and Budget and o ensure all financial records, requirements, and forms are on target and verified for procurement items;
· Manage all financial commitments, expenditures, disbursement requests for the CCM activities, in compliance with GFATM requirements and Local Fund Agent’s (LFA), and to ensure accurate information, and provide advice to Executive Secretary, Oversight Committee, and CCM Board for final decision;
· Liaise with Technical Working Groups (TWGs) chairs and manage regular review and planning meetings to ensure Work Plan is on target, and commitments and expenditures and financial procedures are followed in advance, and recorded appropriately, to implement activities in a timely manner, per GFATM rules;
· Prepare all financial reports (Periodic Updates/Disbursement Requests, Enhanced Financial Reports etc.);
· Formulating the official responses to all finance-related questions/queries raised by the Country Coordination Mechanism (CCM), LFA, GFATM or other entities, in consultation with the PR Management team;
· Track and analyze and follow-up with all financial reports, prior to compiling them into grant-specific financial reports, for official submission to GFATM (through LFA) to request next disbursements;
2. Ensure financial processing of GFATM and other donors agency to CCM Indonesia
· Liaise with in the execution of financial/accounting (including receipts, payments, disbursements and book keeping, filing procedures) in line with CCM rules, regulations, policies and strategies
· Ensure that transparent financial procedures are in place, including an internal control system. Ensure the use of funds comply with the financial/accounting requirements.
· Arrange independent audit, monitor and facilitate such audits for CCM, to ensure that a complete set of external audit reports is completed from annual basis, as per GFATM requirements;
· Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
· Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources.
· Preparing monthly cash flow and annual cash flow forecasts, and statement of sources and uses of funds.
Job Knowledge and Expertise:
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to deal with project implementation;
· Sound and proven management skills and ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with
· Practical knowledge and experience in operational approaches;
· Ability to build strong relationships with counterparts, focus on impact and result for the counterparts and respond positively to feedback;
· Consistent approach to work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
· Openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
· Ability to lead effectively, mentoring and conflict resolution skills
· Superior English-Indonesia writing skills including ability to perform consecutive and simultaneous translation;
· Strong oral and written communication skills, both Indonesia and English
· Ability to remain calm and in control while under pressure in an unsecure, hardship environment;
· Ability to work on his/her own and take
· Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
· Minimum 5 years cumulative professional experience which includes minimum 3 years relevant experience in financial and budgetary management; detailed knowledge of GFATM reporting requirements are desirable.
· Sound knowledge, and proven record, of financial and budgetary management, and experience working with the international donor community are required; knowledge of GFATM procedures is considered a strong asset.
· Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations and development aid
· Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and database familiarity.
· Excellent oral and written communications, presentation, and reporting skills in English.
Please submit your CV/Resume to http://www.jobstreet.co.id/id/
job/1809819/sources/1/origin/ id with subject Application for CCM Finance Officer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
--------------Please do not replay to this email-----------------------